Screen savers were a thing of the past when CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) Monitor was used with the PCs. Screen savers were users to protect from burn-in. Burn-in is caused when your monitor displays the same image for too long. CRT monitors are not used now, and people no longer need to use screen savers with their Windows PC. Screen savers were not only used to protect the screen from burn-in but also give it a different look when you are not using your PC.
Microsoft hasn’t removed screen savers on Windows 11. You can enable screen savers on Windows 11 if you want to use them. If you don’t know how you can enable screen savers on Windows 11, then you will find this article helpful.
How To Enable Screen Savers On Windows 11
In this article, we will be discussing how you can enable screen savers on Windows 11.
Windows 11 Screen Savers Not Working
You do have the option to enable screen savers on Windows 11. You can easily enable screen savers on Windows 11 by following the steps given below:
- Open the start menu, and then search for Settings and open it. You can either press Window+I to open the Settings on your PC.
- From the left sidebar in settings, click on Personalization. In the personalization section, click on the Lock Screen option.
- Here you will see the Screen Saver option. Click on it to open screen saver settings.
- This will now open the Screen Saver Settings window. By default, the screen saver will be set to default. You can select between various screen savers from the drop-down menu, including- 3D text, bubbles, blank, mystify, photos, and ribbons.
- Once you have selected the screen saver, click on Settings beside the drop-down list. This will allow you to set the screen saver as per your preference. Do note that, you can only enable settings for 3D text and Photos screen saver. For other screen savers, there will be no settings.
3D Text: You can set the time as the 3D text, custom text, as well as choose the font. You can also select the resolution, size of the text. You have the option to select motion types like spin, see-saw, wobble, and tumble. Moreover, you can also set the motion speed. It provides you with the option to set up color, texture, and reflection.
Photos: You can select the location from where you want to use the photos for the screen saver. You can also select the slide show speed, as well as shuffle the pictures for the slide show.
- Once you are done with selecting the screen saver and setting up, you can preview the settings you did by clicking on the Preview button.
- From the box beside the Wait, you can select the after how much time will the screen saver be displayed. Moreover, you can also check the check box which says on Resume, display logon screen if you want to resume with a login screen when you stop the screen saver.
- Once done, click on Apply, and the screen saver will be set on your PC.
- Update Drivers In Windows 11 Properly and Safely
- Create Full System Backup in Windows 11
- How To Setup Remote Desktop In Windows 11
Screen savers can be enabled in Windows 11 via the PC’s settings. You won’t need to use any third-party software to accomplish this. To enable screen savers on Windows 11, follow the steps outlined above.