Fortnite is undoubtedly one of the most popular games on the market right now, and the account security of the users is more vital than ever. Setting up two-factor authentication, or “2FA,” to secure your Epic account as well as all of your Fortnite skins and V-bucks has become very important. Hacks and phishing schemes have become too common all over the web.
In fact, Fortnite advises all its users against disclosing personal information to the wrong people to protect your priceless skins or, even worse, have someone waste your important V-bucks. That’s why it’s important to know how to activate two-factor authentication in Fortnite.
The creators of Epic Games have made strenuous efforts to guarantee that no breaches occur. Now the gamers have extra security against cheats and hackers thanks to the two-factor authentication (2FA). Throughout the gaming community, there have been significant concerns about a small number of players gaining an unfair advantage by cheating and stealing things and in-game cash from other games’ accounts.
- 1 Why should you enable 2FA For Fortnite?
- 2 Enable 2-Factor Authentication at Fortnite.com/2fa Login
- 3 Activate Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on Fortnite
- 4 How to Choose the best-suited method of 2-factor Authentication?
Why should you enable 2FA For Fortnite?
Keeping cyber security breaches in mind, it is important to enable 2FA for even the games you play. If you don’t know what 2FA is, then 2FA stands for two-factor authentication. It means upon entering your user credentials including your user ID and password, you will have to verify yourself through the OTP or certain methods. This added layer of security adds to your account protection. Nowadays, people opt for 2FA even for games like Fortnite.
Fortnite is a popular battle royale game. If you play this game and don’t want your account data to be compromised, then it is essential to get your account secured with 2FA. If you don’t know how you can enable 2FA for Fortnite, then there is nothing to be upset about it.
Enable 2-Factor Authentication at Fortnite.com/2fa Login
Therefore, you must make your Fortnite account more secure by using two-factor authentication, often known as two-step verification http //fortnite.com/2fa.
. We’ll show you how to set up and activate this account security-related functionality in this guide.
Activate Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on Fortnite
Gamers must carefully follow the measures to safeguard their accounts from hackers and unwanted activity. It’s highly difficult for hackers to break into your account after you have activated two-factor authentication. The following are the steps to activate Two-Factor Authentication in Fortnite.
- Firstly, head to the Epic Games website on your browser by clicking on this link.
- Here, sign in to your Fortnite account if you are not already signed in.
- Now, click on your Username in the top right corner, and then click on Account.
- After doing so, head to the Password & Security section.
- Here, you will find an option called Two-factor authentication; click on it. You will now get three methods- Email Authentication, SMS Authentication, and Authenticator App.
- SMS Authentication – Enter your mobile phone number after selecting your country code. After you click on Send Code, you’ll get a text message carrying the verification code. Activate this code by entering it in your browser.
- Email Authentication – You will receive an email on your Epic account address with your verification code. Enter this code and click continue.
- Third-Party Authenticator App – For this, you will be required to download a third-party authenticator app on your mobile. Open the app and scan the QR code. Enter the verification code that appears on your screen into your browser.
- Select your preferred option and follow the on-screen instructions to enable 2FA for Fortnite.
In case you opted for more than one 2-factor authentication method then you’ll be required to select the primary authentication option.
How to Choose the best-suited method of 2-factor Authentication?
Now let’s help you decide which authentication method you should choose. All of the three methods of authentication are robust. However, which authentication method is perfect for you depends on your preference of accessibility.
If you are comfortable using SMS then go for SMS authentication. It’s the fastest and you receive the security code almost instantly on the mobile number you provide during the activation process.
The thing with email authentication is that you’ll be required to sign in to your email account every time you log into Fortnite. There is the possibility that the authentication mail lands up in your spam or any other email folder rather than the primary inbox. You’ll be required to keep an eye on the email that arrives from Epic Games to activate the 2-factor authentication.
As far as the third-party authenticator apps are concerned, choose wisely which one you want to use. Do your research by checking the reviews, number of downloads, and ratings.
What are some third-party authentication apps to be used for 2-factor authentication?
There are a number of third-party authenticator apps available in the market. However, to secure your Fortnite account, you must use an app that is reliable, has positive reviews, and has high ratings. We have listed a few apps that you can use to protect your account –
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
Conclusion: https //fortnite.com/2fa enable
Two-factor authentication is one safeguard against your Fortnite account being hacked or getting exposed to unauthorized users. When you enable 2FA, you’ll be asked to confirm your login through the method of your choice. Furthermore, activating Fortnite 2-Factor Authentication will earn you a modest number of awards in both the Battle Royale and Save the World game modes.