Firestick lets you turn your normal TV into a smart TV. You can stream content on OTT apps, watch videos on Youtube, and much more with FireStick. Out of the box, you get a Firestick and a remote which you can use to control FireStick. However, you don’t need this remote, as you can easily navigate and control the FireStick without the remote.
How To Use Amazon Firestick Without Remote
If you have lost the remote, then you need not buy a new one to control your device. In this article, we will be discussing how you can navigate and control the FireStick without the remote.
Using The FireTV app
You can use the FireTV app to control your FireStick without your remote. It is the easiest option and using the app, you won’t need the remote always with you to stream content on FireStick. However, the app might be limited in terms of functionality when compared to the original FireStick, but yes, it does the job very well.
The FireTV app uses Wi-Fi connectivity in order to work as a remote for FireStick. It means that you will have to connect your FireStick and your phone on which you are using the FireTV app, to the same Wi-Fi network.
If you don’t know how to set up the FireTV app, and how to use your phone as a control for your FireStick, then you can follow the steps given below-
- Download and install the FireTV app on your mobile phone. The app is available for both- Android and iOS. If you are using an Android device (phone or tablet), then you can download the app from the PlayStore. However, if you are using an iOS device (iPhone or iPad), you will be able to download the application from the Apple App Store.
- After the app is installed, ensure that your mobile phone and your FireStick TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, as we have already discussed earlier.
- Next, you will be asked to select your Amazon FireTV on the FireTV app. Once you select, you will be asked to enter the code, that is displayed on your TV. Enter the code, and continue. You will be able to use your phone to navigate and control the FireStick without the Remote.
Using Amazon Echo Or Echo Dot
You can use Amazon Echo or Echo Dot to navigate and control your FireStick without the remote. All of the Amazon devices that you will buy will be linked to the same account, so you will have the Alexa voice assistant built-in.
With the Alexa voice control functionality, you can control your device with your voice. All you have to do is connect your Amazon Echo or Echo Dot to your FireStick TV. You can connect your Amazon FireStick to your Amazon Echo device, and the voice controls your TV with the help of Amazon Echo.
Use A Redmi Phone With IR Blaster
In case, you don’t have an Amazon Echo device, or your phone and FireStick TV are not connected to the same network, then you can prefer using a Redmi phone with an IR blaster to navigate and control the FireStick without the remote.
Redmi phones do come with an IR blaster. So, you can use Mi Remote app that comes preinstalled on your device to control your FireStick. You can use the app to control other devices that do support IR control.
Moreover, after you are able to control your FireStick with your Redmi phone, you can connect your device and the FireStick TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
Controlling FireStick With HDMI CEC
Nowadays, many TVs come with HDMI-CEC. This allows you to use and control any 3rd party devices with the TV remote only. Using this functionality, you will be able to use your FireStick TV with the remote of the TV even if you have lost or misplaced the in-box remote that you get with the FireStick TV.
However, in order to use HDMI CEC, you will have to ensure that the service is enabled on your device. Most of the devices come with HDMI CEC enabled by default. However, you can turn it on manually if the service is not enabled on your device.
- Create BMP File In Windows 11
- Add & Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick
- Fix Origin Won’t Open or Responding On Launch
That’s how can navigate and control the FireStick TV without the Remote. We hope you find this article helpful with navigating the FireStick TV without a remote.