The Start Menu in Windows 11 not only displays local search results but also displays online results for your query. Any online result that appears in the Start Menu will open the default browser Microsoft Edge on Bing. This article will assist you if you do not want those links to open in Bing but rather in Google. In this article, we’ll show you how to change the default search in Windows 11’s start menu to Google.
Set Windows 11 Search to Use Google Search and Open Chrome
Given below is the complete step-by-step process to change Windows 11 start menu search to Windows 11.
Change The Default Browser To Chrome Or Firefox
The very first step to do so is by changing the default browser. If your default browser is Microsoft Edge then all the searches from the start menu will open in Bing, therefore, you should set your default browser to Chrome or Firefox if you want to open the start menu search result with Google. To set Chrome or Firefox as the default browser, follow the steps given below-
• Open the Settings app on your PC by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
• Head to the Apps section from the left sidebar of the Settings app, and then on the right side click on Default apps.
• Here, search for and select Chrome or Firefox depending on what browser you want to set as default.
• You will now see a list of file types and link types. Click on all the types individually and set Chrome or Firefox as default for that. If asked to check the current browser before switching, simply click on Switch anyway.
Once done, the default browser will be set to Firefox or Chrome and you will be able to change Windows 11 default menu search to Google.
Even after you have set the default browser, the search links in the start menu will still open in Browser. Therefore, you will have to install EdgeDeflector on your PC which deflects your PC from opening search links in Microsoft Edge but on your default browser, i.e., Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. To install EdgeDeflector, follow the steps given below-
• Download the EdgeDeflector from this link and install it on your PC.
• Once done, head to the Default apps section in the Settings app of your Windows 11 PC.
• In the Default apps section, search for EdgeDeflector and click on it to open it.
• On the next screen, click on Microsoft-Edge and then select EdgeDeflector and then click on OK.
After you do this all the links that are supposed to open in Microsoft Edge will open on your current default browser.
Install Extension To Redirect Bing Search To Google
Now you have followed the above steps, you will have installed the extension to redirect Bing search to Google. Given below is the step-by-step process to redirect Bing search to Google on Chrome as well as Firefox. To redirect Bing search to Google on Chrome (default browser), follow the steps given below-
- Click on this link to head to the Chrometana Pro page on Chrome Web Store.
- Here, click on the Add to Chrome button. Once you install this extension all the search links you open will be redirected to Google.
If you have Mozilla Firefox set as your default browser, then you will have to install the extension for Mozilla Firefox. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Click on this link and you will be headed to Foxtana Pro.
- Here, click on the Add to Firefox button to add this extension to your Firefox browser.
By doing so, you will now be able to all the search links from Windows 11 Search Menu.
- Fix Windows 11 Search Indexing Not Working
- How To Fix Slow Google Chrome on Windows 11
- Fix Windows 11 Can’t Uninstall Google Chrome
- Fix PDF File Not Opening in Chrome Adobe Reader
- Fix: Windows 11 Memory Integrity Keeps Turning Off
- Download Disney+ Hotstar For Windows 11
This is how you can change Windows 11 start menu default search to Google. We hope this article helps with what you are looking for. If it did help you, then do let us know in the comments section.