Welcome back to itechhacks. Here, we have shared a detailed guide on Changing the IMEI number of android mobile phones. You will find two surprising and working ways to improve your IMEI quickly on any of your Android Devices. So let’s start!
IMEI number is one of the significant pieces of mobiles utilized to recognize and follow lost mobiles. For the most part, the IMEI number contains 15 digits broken into sections. On the off chance that you change the IMEI number, it is hard to follow your mobile. If your phone is lost or taken, you may feel it hard to follow it if you change your IMEI number.
It is generally not possible to change the IMEI number of Android phones. The IMEI number is a unique identifier assigned to every mobile device and used to identify it on the mobile network. It is stored in the phone’s hardware and cannot be changed by the user.
There is a possibility to change the IMEI number of a phone by rooting the device and modifying the system files, but this is a complex process that is not recommended for most users. It is also illegal in many countries to tamper with the IMEI number of a phone. Here is the guide on changing the IMEI Number of Android Phones.
What is IMEI?
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. A unique number is assigned to every mobile phone. The IMEI number is used to identify a device that uses terrestrial cellular networks. It is also used to identify a device connected to a wireless network. The IMEI number is typically stored in the device’s hardware and cannot be changed. It can use to block a stolen device from being used on a wireless network.
Is Changing IMEI Legal?
It is risky to change the IMEI number of an Android smartphone. There are some countries that make it illegal to change the IMEI number. Nevertheless, if done correctly, the process is legal. To make sure you don’t miss anything, here are a few tips. Your IMEI number should never be changed on your mobile phone. It is dangerous to tamper with the IMEI number as it can compromise your privacy and life.
While it is not illegal in many countries to change the IMEI on your Android phone, it is prohibited in others. Your handset can be damaged and completely unusable if it has been infected with malware. Many countries consider it illegal. In addition, you could end up in legal trouble if caught changing your Android phone’s IMEI.
Why Should you change your IMEI number?
- Make your Android untraceable. By changing your IMEI continually, you will lose the track of individuals who are utilizing it to follow you!
- They are acquiring a new gadget ID. Here and there, your Android gadget model will be unable to get the most up-to-date operating system refreshes because it is a more seasoned gadget.
- Changing the IMEI number to one that demonstrates it is a more up-to-date model, you will have the option to appreciate the new operating system refreshes by resetting, fixing, and refreshing your Android gadget.
- When you change a gadget IMEI number, at that point, you won’t have the option to follow it sooner rather than later. In this way, if, on the off chance that it gets taken, at that point, you will wind up losing it.
- In some western nations, it’s viewed as an excellent criminal offense. In this way, ensure it’s not illicit in your country before you do as such. On the off chance that it’s unlawful, at that point, you may need to confront some genuine harm.
- Lawfully, you have relinquished your responsibility for your cell phone. The vendor will write down the first IMEI number on your receipt when you buy your gadget. So if you change your IMEI and lose it, you will most likely be unable to make a case for it.
How To Find IMEI Number on Your Android Phone?
- Dial *#06# on your phone. It will automatically display your IMEI number on the screen.
- Check the back or side of your phone. Some phones have the IMEI number printed on the back or side of the device.
- Check the packaging or documentation that came with your phone. The IMEI number may be listed on the packaging or in the documentation.
- Check your phone’s settings. Go to “About Phone” or “Device Information” in the settings and look for the IMEI number.
- Check your phone bill or contract. Your IMEI number may be listed on your phone bill or agreement.
- Contact your phone provider. If you cannot find your IMEI number using any of the above methods, you can contact your phone provider and ask for assistance.
Check Your IMEI Number:
*#06# Type This in your phone call. And a popup menu appears on your screen. It shows your IMEI number. The second way to know about the phone’s IMEI Number is to check your mobile box and back cover.
How To Change IMEI Number on Your Android Device
If you still wish to change the IMEI number of your Android device, some options are available. One option is to root the device and use a specialized app to change the IMEI number. This process can be risky and may damage the device if not done correctly.
It is also important to note that changing the IMEI number may be legal in some countries and may violate the terms of service of your mobile service provider. It is recommended to consult with a legal professional or seek guidance from the manufacturer before attempting to change the IMEI number of an Android device.
Method 1: How To Change IMEI Number
1. First, Dial *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#* on your Android device and go to Engineer Mode.
2. Now, click on the Connectivity option or call pad,
3. Now look for CDS information and then click on it.
4. Then, check out for Radio information.
5. Now, if your Android device is a dual sim device. Then you will get two options IMEI_1 [SIM1] and IMEI_2 [SIM2]. Then select any one of which you want to change the IMEI number.
6. Now, change your IMEI number illustrated below,
AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2
Follow This- AT+EGMR=1,10,”XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
7. Now, replace IMEI1 or IMEI2 with any of your desired numbers (Use any Number). And then click on SEND.
Change IMEI Number of Android Devices 2023
Method 2: Change IMEI Number of Android Devices Without Root
Let’s be fair here that changing the IMEI number of your telephone without establishing it is a perplexing errand to do, and it can require some investment. So you need to understand enough to change your IMEI number.
Something else you need to remember is that the system of changing your IMEI number will eradicate all your telephone information and records. So before you proceed with the technique, ensure that you have everything previously sponsored up.
You can change your IMEI number by following the steps below without root.
- You can access your Android device’s settings by opening the app.
- Search for “Reinforcement and Reset.” in the settings segment. “
- Next, tap on the option “Production line Information Reset.”
- A notification will now appear on your Android device.
- Click on the “Make new Android ID.” After that, select “Create a New Android ID.”
Change IMEI Number of Android with Rooting
Before continuing toward the following steps, first of all, you must ensure that your Android portable is established and Xposed structure is introduced in your gadget. On the off chance that these necessities are satisfied by you, thus, you can proceed onward to additional steps.
Steps to Change IMEI Number:
1. Above all else, you have to duplicate the first IMEI number of your gadget so that on the off chance that you need a unique IMEI later on, at that point, you can, without much of a stretch, glue it.
2. To get the first IMEI number of your Android, dial *#6# structure dial-pad. or then again, you can likewise go to settings > About.
3. Open the Xposed installer application on your android gadget and go to modules and Tick mark on the IMEI Changer application.
4. At that point, you have to restart your Android gadget. or on the other hand, you can likewise attempt a delicate reboot from the Xposed installer for a quick restart of your android gadget.
5. In the wake of restarting your android portable, open IMEI Changer. It will show your Genuine IMEI number in the current IMEI alternative.
6. Presently, you must change your IMEI Number from that number to any new number by clicking New IMEI number choice and afterward clicking on Apply.
7. At that point, the IMEI changer application will show your New IMEI number in the Current IMEI number box.
8. On the off chance that you need to affirm! At that point, Reboot your gadget and recheck your IMEI number by dialing *#6#.
9. All in all, Your IMEI number is effectively changed.
Note: This will wipe all your data, like messages, phone memory, contacts, and apps. So, you must back up your device, and after that, you can restore it.
Some Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Can I change the IMEI number permanently?
Changing the IMEI number of a device permanently is not recommended as it is illegal in many countries and could result in legal consequences. Additionally, changing the IMEI number can cause issues with the device’s functionality and may void the warranty. If you are experiencing problems with your device, it is best to contact the manufacturer or a qualified repair technician for assistance.
Does IMEI change with a SIM card?
No, the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number assigned to each mobile device remains the same, and it does not change with the SIM card. The SIM card is a small card that stores your phone’s service provider information, allowing you to make and receive calls and access other services.
You can use the IMEI number to identify your specific device and to track its location, block it if it’s stolen, and do other purposes. It is not affected by the SIM card or any other changes made to the device.
Why is the IMEI number important to the police?
Police can use an IMEI number to identify and track a specific mobile device. They can use it to locate the device if lost or stolen and gather evidence in criminal investigations. They can also use the IMEI number to block a stolen device from being used on a mobile network.
Does changing an IMEI affect the tracking of a phone?
It can be used to track a device when it is stolen, especially when its IMEI number is available. There is, however, a possibility of changing the IMEI number. Changing an IMEI number does not prevent your device from being tracked. If that is the case, anybody can track your IP address’s live location in order to find out your location.
Does factory reset delete the IMEI number?
The IMEI number of your device won’t be deleted if your device is the factory reset. You can restore the IMEI number if your device is rooted and you’ve manually modified your IMEI settings. Resetting the factory might delete the number if your device is rooted. IMEI numbers can be restored by utilizing the Mobile Uncle app if they’ve been deleted from your device.
We hope you enjoyed our article on how to change the IMEI Number of Android Phones. Many people love their phones, but sometimes a number of things may happen to make them want to change their devices. Whether it be a lost or stolen phone or if they purchased a phone and it no longer has the same IMEI number they originally had, we hope this article helped you in any way.