Zoom is a popular video conferencing app that many people use to attend meetings. The features that this service provides are what make it so popular. For example, you can easily change the background of your video call using Zoom. You can change the background to whatever you want, such as a picture or a blurred one. Yes, you can blur your background on Zoom, and if you’re going to do so, this article will assist you. We’ll go over how to blur your background on Zoom in this article.
How To Blur Your Background On Zoom On PC
If you are using a PC to attend a Zoom meeting and want to blur your video conference background, this part of the article will help you with that. But before, you will have to ensure that you have updated the Zoom Desktop Client. To update the Zoom Desktop Client, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Zoom Desktop Client on your PC, and then click on the Profile Icon at the top right corner of the app window.
- Next, click on Check for Updates from the menu that opens up. Wait for the app to get updated, and then continue the process.
After you have updated the Zoom Desktop Client, you can get ahead with the process to blur your background on Zoom. To blur your background on Zoom, follow the steps given below-
- Start the Zoom Desktop Client application on your PC.
- Click on the Profile Icon on the top right corner of the Zoom app, and then from the menu that opens up, click on the Settings option.
- On the left sidebar of the Settings window, click on Background & Filters option.
- Now, head to the Virtual Backgrounds tab on the right side, and then select Blur.
Blur Zoom Background On Phone
If you are using a phone (Android or iOS) to attend a Zoom meeting, and want to blur Zoom background on it, then you can also do that. You need to have Zoom version 5.6.6 on your phone if you want to blur the Zoom background. To blur your background on Zoom on your phone, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Zoom app on your phone, and join or create a new meeting.
- Click on the three ellipses (more icon) at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that opens up, tap on Virtual Background.
- Next, tap on the Blur option. This will blur the zoom background on your phone.
There are certain system requirements that your phone must meet to blur Zoom background on phone. For example, suppose you are using an Android device or an Android phone or an Android tablet. In that case, you must ensure that the device has an octa-core processor, at least 3GB RAM, along with Android 8 or higher.
In the case of iOS devices (iPad and iPhone), you must ensure that you have iPhone 8 or any latest version, or iPad 5th gen or latest model. For older devices like iPhone 7 or iPad 4th Gen, you won’t be able to blur Zoom background on the phone.
Blurring background separates you from the background and makes the meeting look more professional. No matter whether you are using a phone or PC to attend Zoom calls, you will be able to blur the background on any of the devices you use. We have discussed the steps to blur the background for any device you have. We hope this article helps with what you are looking for.