Wallpaper is a great way to enhance how your PC looks. Many people use static wallpaper, they look good, but animated GIFs as wallpaper are way better than static wallpaper. If you want to customize the look of your PC, then you can try using an animated GIF as wallpaper on Windows 11 instead of a static wallpaper.
Windows do not natively support setting animated wallpapers, but you can do it with the help of various third-party apps. If you don’t know how you can use an animated GIF as wallpaper on Windows 11, then you are at the right place.
How To Set GIF Wallpaper On Windows 11
This is a detailed guide to help you use an animated GIF as wallpaper on Windows 11.
Using Animated GIF As Wallpaper On Windows 11
If you want to customize your desktop using animated GIFs, then you will have to use third-party apps to do that. There is no option natively on Windows 11 to use an animated GIF as wallpaper; therefore you will have to use third-party apps to do that. We will be listing some third-party apps that you can use to set animated wallpaper on Windows 11.
The very first application that you can prefer using if you want to use an animated GIF as wallpaper is Plastuer. Using Plastuer you can set up videos, GIFs, and HTML5 webpages as wallpaper. You will have to pay a donation to use it; you cannot use it for free. However, there are no registrations, but you will have to donate a $2 minimum to use it.
To use Plastuer to set up animated GIF as wallpaper, follow the steps given below-
- Download the Plastuer from the official website. You need not install it. Just extract the file, and run it on your PC.
- You will be asked to enter GIF, which you to set up as wallpaper. Plastuer gives you multiple ways to upload the GIF.
- Select File- This option helps you select the GIF file stored on your PC.
- Browse Gallery- You can select the GIF file from the official gallery.
- Create Playlist- You can also add several URLs of GIFs through this option.
- URL- If you want to select a GIF from the internet, use this option.
- Next, you will be asked to select the monitor on which you want to set the wallpaper. Select the monitor, and then click on save to set the wallpaper.
- If you want to disable the wallpaper, then click on disable wallpaper option you will find at the Plastuer.
BioniX Video Wallpaper Animator
Another app to use an animated GIF as wallpaper in Windows 11 is using BioniX Video Wallpaper Animator. You can easily use this app to set up an animated wallpaper on your PC. Follow the steps given below to use an animated GIF as wallpaper using the BioniX Video Wallpaper Animator.
- Download the app from the official website and run it on your PC.
- Head to the video wallpaper tab.
- In the folder option, select the location of the place where the GIF is saved.
- Now click on start to use the animated GIF as the wallpaper.
Another application that you can use order to use an animated GIF as wallpaper. This is a paid software, and you will have to pay a one-time fee of #3.99 to use this application.
- Download and install the application from the official website. If you bought this application from Steam, then you will have to download the Steam launcher as well on your PC.
- Run the application on your PC. If you use two monitors, you will be asked to choose which monitor you want to apply the animated wallpaper to. If you want to apply the animated wallpaper on both the wallpaper, you can select the option to close the wallpaper.
- You can use Workshop and Discover tabs to search for desktop wallpaper.
- Select the wallpaper, and then click on subscribe. You will be able to use that particular on your PC.
- You can also customize the wallpaper. For instance, you can change the speed of the animation, audio, and various other settings to match your preference.
That’s how you can use an animated GIF as a Windows 11 wallpaper. Animated wallpapers can’t be set natively, so you’ll have to rely on third-party apps. We’ve compiled a list of third-party apps for setting animated wallpapers on Windows 11.