While it is popularly said that Macbooks or iMacs are the most stable and lag-free systems in the world, a program like CCXProcess might change your perspective. Further, CCXProcess does not hamper performance on newer macs with M1 or M2 processors. Instead, the Macbooks running on Intel i5 or i7 are more susceptible to the problem because of the optimization problems. With that being said, if you are disturbed by CCXProcess on Mac and want to know how to remove it, we will help you in this guide.
What is CCXProcess.exe?
If you have used Photoshop, you might have heard about CC or something like that. As the name might be synonymous with a variant of Photoshop, the CCXProcess is a part of Adobe Creative Cloud. This thing automatically gets installed whenever you download and install a Adobe Product, be it Photoshop, Premier Pro, or After Effect. The CCXProcess is essentially is a package installer for Adobe Creative Cloud that lets your Adobe software connect to the online servers and download filter or layer packages.
What is the Problem with CCXProcess?
While the CCXProcess is essential for the correct working of all Adobe products, the problem is that when the software is closed, the CCXProcess keeps running in the background.
It is normal for any process that works in conjunction with the software while the program is running. However, when the software or program is closed, it is natural for the process to get stopped at the same time. Nevertheless, with CCXProcess things are a bit different and that causes the problem.
Suppose you are working with Adobe Photoshop and using multiple filters and layers at the same time. As a result, it would be normal to search on Adobe Creative Cloud for the desired filter or effect. Now, when you close Photoshop, the CCXProcess and Creative Cloud should close together. But that doesn’t happen.
Another main problem with CCXProcess in Mac is the usage of resources. This usage is normal on certain Macbooks but on older Macs this is wreaking havoc because of less powerful processors and less RAM.
Steps to Remove CCXProcess in Mac Quickly in 2024
While it is not advisable to completely disable CCXProcess in Mac, you might be astonished to know that you also cannot remove it completely. Also, if you were able to remove it from your system, it would mean stopping all Adobe Applications from connecting with servers and providing updates or downloading essential components required while editing your photo or video.
If you still want to remove it, follow these steps:
- First, from the top bar, click on Go.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Utilities.
- From the new window that opens, click on Activity Monitor.
- Search for CCXProcess, and click on the X button in the toolbar.
This will close it for now, and you will have less CPU and memory usage.
Disable CCXProcess At Startup
While it may seem intimidating to remove CCXProcess from Mac, it is also a viable option to disable CCXProcess at startup to stop memory and resource consumption. If you are not sure how to do it, here are the steps:
- From the top-left side, click on the Apple Menu.
- Click on System Settings.
- Now, select General and then click on Login items.
- If you find Creative Cloud under Open at Login, select and click on the – (minus) icon.
- Now, go to Allow In Background and turn it off there as well.
Now, whenever you run any Adobe Products, Creative Cloud won’t run in the background and cause performance issues. Even if you restart your PC, Creative Cloud won’t start working in the background. Therefore, it is a win-win situation for your and your Mac. In this way, it is similar to removing CCXProcess from your Mac entirely.
Is it Safe to Remove CCXProcess?
Yes, it is safe to remove CCXProcess from your Macbook. However, this won’t necessarily and completely fix your high CPU usage in Mac. There are other ways to fix high CPU usage in mac and one of the best ways is to update CCXProcess. If you don’t know to do it, here are the steps:
- First of all, open Creative Cloud from the Applications Folder.
- Next, click on the Three Lines at the left side of the menu bar.
- From there, click on Help.
- Click on Check for Updates.
Now, if updates are available, your Creative Cloud will be updated to the latest version thus solving issues with CCXProcess on Mac.
- How to Get Touch Bar Pet on Macbook Pro
- How to Unlock MacBook Pro Without Password or Apple ID
- How to Fix Error Connecting to Apple ID Server On Mac/iPhone/iPad
- Top 10 Ways to Fix macOS Sonoma Battery Draining Fast Issues
- Top 8 Ways to Fix macOS Sonoma Update Not Showing Up
- Top 6 Ways to Fix macOS Sonoma Screensaver Not Working