Accessing items from the right-click menu is quite easy. If you use WinRAR or 7-Zip daily, it would be preferable to add them to the right-click menu. Accessing the applications from the right-click menu can be considerably easy and can help you save time that you might spend searching for the application in the start menu and then opening it. If you want to add WinRAR or 7-Zip to the right-click menu on your Windows 11 PC, but don’t know how to do so, then this article will confirm to be helpful. In this article, we will be discussing how you can add WinRAR or 7-Zip to the right-click menu on Windows 11.
Adding WinRAR To The Right-Click Menu On Windows 11
- Firstly, head to the official website of WinRAR. From here, download the application for your system architecture (x32 bit or x64 bit).
- After the download is complete, head to the location where you have downloaded the file.
- Now, double-click on the file to run the setup.
- You will be headed to the installation page of the WinRAR. Here, select the destination folder, and then click on Install to continue ahead.
- Wait for the program to get installed on your PC.
- After the program has been installed, you will be asked what file types to associate it with. Ensure you select .RAR and .ZIP file here. Once done, click on OK to successfully install the application on your PC.
- This will add the WinRAR to the right-click menu. Now, whenever you select a file with the supported format and right-click on it, you will see the WinRAR option in the Context Menu that opens up.
- When you hover over to the WinRAR option located in the Context Menu, you will see various options using which you can either archive the files or even compress them.
Adding 7-ZIP To The Right-Click Menu On Windows 11
7-ZIP is one of the most popular extractions and archive creation software you can use on your PC. If you have 7-ZIP on your PC, and you want to add it to the right-click menu on Windows 11, then this article will help you with it-
- Head to the official website of the 7-ZIP. From there, download the 7-ZIP for your PC. Ensure you download the correct 7-ZIP file for your system architecture, be it x32 bit or x64 bit.
- Now, head to the location where you have downloaded the file.
- Double-click on the setup files to run the setup.
- On the screen that opens up, you will be asked to select the destination folder. Select the destination folder, and then click on Install. Wait for the software to get installed. After the installation is complete, close the installation window.
- Now, when you right-click on the file you want to archive or extract, you will see the 7-ZIP on the context file.
This is how you can add WinRAR or 7-ZIP to the right-click menu on Windows 11. If you want to add the WinRAR or 7-ZIP to the right-click menu on Windows 11, this article will help you. Following the above steps, you will be able to add both applications to the right-click menu on Windows 11.