In 1995, Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia launched a free online mail service, Hotmail (the capital H, T, M, and L are homages to HTML). In December 1997, Microsoft acquired the company. The popularity of Hotmail grew to over 100 million users by 2001. In addition, Outlook.com (Hotmail) and other Microsoft products are absolutely free if you have a Microsoft account.
But, one thing that worries users is whether they can access their old Hotmail account to sign in. Well, don’t worry, in this guide, you will learn how to access old Hotmail and sign in. So, let’s get started with the old hotmail sign in guide.
Why Does the Hotmail Account Get Locked?
It is certainly possible that your Hotmail account has already been deleted if it is ten years old. An inactive account is automatically deleted if it remains inactive for five years.
According to Microsoft terms, your Hotmail account might be deleted if you haven’t used it or logged in for five years. As a result, damaged Hotmail accounts may no longer be able to be recovered. However, in case you think you can still recover it, you can use the steps given below.
How To Know If My Old Hotmail Account is Active?
It won’t be very difficult to know whether your old Hotmail account is active or not. This is because Outlook is a new era of Hotmail. Therefore, signing in to your Outlook account is the only way to know whether let your old Hotmail sign in or not. However, to check this,
- Firstly, visit Outlook’s official website on your desktop browser.
- Afterward, try signing in to your account using your old Hotmail account ID and Password.
That’s it. Now, in case your account is alive, you will be able to access your old Hotmail account and sign in to it. But, depending on the number of years your account is inactive, you may need to create a new account as it may get disabled.
Old Hotmail Sign In | Find Account
As we have already mentioned, how to access your old Hotmail account and sign in to it, but the main question that arises is how can you find your old Hotmail account? Don’t worry! We will help you to do so. So, let’s take a look:
- Initially, go to the Recovery page of the account.
- Then, a form will appear on your screen; fill in the Hotmail address, phone, or name and contact email address on the form.
- Afterward, perform the captcha verification process and hit the next button.
- Then, it will send you a verification code to your registered email ID. So, fill it out and hit the Verify button.
- After that, you need to answer some requested questions and hit the next button.
- Finally, fill in the other related details in the form and hit the next button.
That’s it. Now, if the details or information you have filled in the form is sufficient, you will get back your old Hotmail account. Otherwise, forget that if you have ever created an account on Hotmail.
From Author’s Desk – Old Hotmail Sign In
Suppose you have successfully retrieved your old Hotmail account and are able to sign in to it. In that case, we advise you to use the account regularly as if again you do not use that account continuously for 2-3 years, it will automatically get disabled and removed from the Outlook servers. So, make sure to use it regularly.
So, that’s how to recover an old Hotmail account and sign in. We hope that you find this guide helpful. But, in case you need more info about this guide, comment below and let us know.