Due to the pandemic in 2020, all the major events were put on hold. Due to the lockdown all over the world, even the 2020 Olympics were also shifted to 2021. Now when life has gotten back on track, most countries have already lifted the lockdown restrictions. The Tokyo Olympics are back live and streaming from 23rd July to 8th August 2021.
Even most countries have lifted the restrictions, but still, due to safety precautions, the 2020 Summer Tokyo Olympics will be held without spectators with stringent safety guidelines.
How To Watch Olympics 2020 Tokyo Without Cable
So, this time you will not be able to cheer for your country’s athletes in the stadiums. Hence, you can only stream the games on your TV or smartphone. This article will guide you through the various processes and ways you can watch your favorite athletes in live action.
Free Ways To Watch Tokyo Olympics 2020
Method 1: Watch Tokyo Olympics 2020 Free (Only for Indians)
- If you are from India, mobile service providers like Jio, Vi, and Airtel have provided dedicated live TV apps to watch Olympics for free easily.
- We can enjoy Tokyo Olympics for free because the Indian broadcaster is a Sony network and DD sports, both networks are freely available to stream on these live TV apps.
Method 2: Pikashow App (Available for everyone)
Note: Downloading or streaming copyrighted content is illegal, and this demonstration is just for educational or experimental purposes.
- We will be downloading an App called “pikashow” Click on this link to download it.
- Download the app by clicking on the red box in the image.
- Permit to install from your phone settings.
- Open the app after skipping the tutorials; you will see your screen like this in the below picture.
- Choose the live TV section.
- You will see these two channels for streaming the Olympic event.
- By clicking on them, you can see the streaming of live Olympic events.
Method 3: Paid Subscriptions
The Olympic Games can be streamed on these paid streaming platforms; see whichever is available in your country.
- Peacock ($4.99+ per month or free with ads)
- Subscribers to Fubo TV ($64.99+ per month after a seven-day free trial).
- Hulu+ Live TV ($64.99+ per month after a seven-day free trial).
- YouTube TV ($64.99 per month after a seven-day free trial).
- AT&T TV ($69.99+ per month).
- Sling TV ($35+ per month) can watch the NBC Sports broadcasts via the NBC Livestream.
- Discovery+ for European Region.
Bypass Geographic Restrictions with a VPN
If you can’t access your country’s broadcast of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, you can use a VPN. It is the easiest solution for bypassing regulations, whether you’re traveling or the event is halted in your location.
Can I watch Olympics on Peacock?
Yes, you can easily stream the 2020 Olympics on Peacock’s over-the-top video streaming service. It has plans starting from $4.99 per month, or you can also watch content for free on this app, but that will be with ads.
Which games can I stream on Peacock for free?
This time Peacock is offering more live streaming for free compared to the past Olympics. If you have a free Peacock account, you can see a daily show in the morning, and then later, there will be another show that will include the highlights of the day.
What extra benefit will I get if I get a monthly subscription to Peacock?
You will have live access to all big events and including the above, plus access to U.S. men’s basketball with an additional feature of on-demand replays. Keep in mind that the subscription to Peacock will not give you access to all the NBC Olympic content.
Do I have to pay to watch Olympics in India?
No, you do not have to pay anything to stream Olympics games in India because the broadcasting channels like the Sony network and DD sports are available for free in India.
Can I stream Olympics on YouTube?
Not YouTube, but you can definitely watch Tokyo Olympics on YouTube TV with a subscription plan.
Are 2020 Olympics are available in 4K?
Yes, you can steam Olympics this time in 4K because NBC is broadcasting the Olympics in ultra-high definition.
This article has shown you various ways by n which you can stream the Tokyo Olympics 2020 from the comfort of your home. We have included paid and free apps so that you can choose the one that best suits you. If your country is not streaming the Olympics by chance, you can download a VPN server to bypass any geographical restrictions imposed on you.