Have you ever been playing Starfield and suddenly seen the message “Graphics Drivers Are Outdated in Starfield”? It can be frustrating, right? Starfield is a popular game that many people love because of its amazing graphics and fun gameplay. But sometimes, this game needs the latest graphics drivers to work properly. If not, it shows this error. This guide is here to help you understand and fix this problem. Let’s get started so you can get back to enjoying the game!
What Does the Graphics Drivers are Outdated Starfield Error Message Mean?
In simple terms, the “Graphics Drivers Are Outdated in Starfield” error message is your system’s way of telling you that it’s time for an update. This error pops up when the game detects that the graphics drivers in your system are not up-to-date, potentially hindering the optimal gaming experience that Starfield promises. The causes behind this error are quite straightforward – outdated drivers, incompatible graphics hardware, or sometimes, glitches in the game itself.
Understanding this is the first step towards resolving the issue and immersing yourself back into the captivating world of Starfield.
Quick Fix For Starfield Graphics Drivers Are Outdated
Before we jump into the big solutions, here are some small checks you can do to maybe solve the problem quickly:
- Check System Requirements: Make sure your computer has what it needs to run Starfield without any problems.
- Check for Updates: See if there are any new updates for your graphics drivers and get them installed.
- Update the Game: Sometimes, the problem is with the game itself. Make sure you have the newest version of Starfield.
- Check Error Messages: Look at the error messages closely to find out the real reason behind the “Graphics Drivers Are Outdated in Starfield” error.
Ways to Fix Starfield: Your Graphics Drivers Are Outdated Error
Check System Requirements
The minimum requirements are expected to allow you to run Starfield at 1080p at 30 frames per second at least, which might not be the best way to enjoy the game. The recommended requirements are expected to provide a better gaming experience, potentially allowing for higher resolutions and frame rates, but exact details will only be known once the game is released.
|Requirement Category||Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|Operating System||Windows 10 version 22H2 (10.0.19045)||Windows 11/10 with updates|
|Processor||AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i7-6800K||AMD Ryzen 5 3600X or Intel Core i5-10600K|
|Memory (RAM)||16 GB||16 GB|
|Graphics Card||AMD Radeon RX 5700 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti||AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT or Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Network||–||Broadband Internet connection|
|Storage||125 GB available space (SSD Required)||125 GB available space (SSD Required)|
Update Graphics Driver in Windows 10/11
Keeping your graphics driver updated is crucial for the optimal performance of graphic-intensive games like Starfield. An outdated driver might not support the latest features and optimizations that the game requires, leading to the “Graphics Drivers Are Outdated in Starfield” error.
- Click on the Start icon, and then click on the Settings icon in the Start Menu.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of Settings.
- Now, on Check for Updates, the list of available updates, including the graphic driver, will appear.
- Download the graphics driver update and install them.
- After the driver update has been installed, restart your PC.
Updating the Graphics Driver Manually (NVIDIA)
Manually updating the Nvidia graphics drivers involves downloading the latest driver version from the official Nvidia website and installing it on your system.
Updating the graphics drivers ensures that you have the best gaming experience with high-quality visuals, especially for graphics-intensive games like Starfield. It helps in resolving errors like “Graphics Drivers Are Outdated in Starfield” and enhances the overall performance of the graphics card.
Step 1: Identify Your Graphics Card Model: Use the DirectX Diagnostic tool to find out the exact model of your graphics card. Here’s how:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run dialog box.
- In the run dialog box, type
dxdiagand press Enter.
- This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Under the “System” tab, you will see the version of Windows that you are running.
- Click on the “Display” tab and check the entry next to “Chip Type” to find out the exact model of the graphics card you are using.
Step 2: Visit the Official Nvidia Website: Go to the official Nvidia website to find the newest drivers compatible with your Windows version and graphics card model.
Step 3: Download the Driver: Once you find the compatible driver on the Nvidia website, download it and save the file in a convenient location on your system.
Step 4: Install the Driver: Double-click the downloaded driver file (it will be an exe file) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Step 5: Restart Your System: After the installation is complete, restart your system to apply the changes and ensure that the graphics card functions without any issues.
By following these steps, you should be able to manually update the Nvidia graphics drivers and resolve the “Graphics Drivers Are Outdated in Starfield” error.
Updating the Graphics Driver (AMD)
Manually updating the AMD graphics drivers involves identifying your graphics card model and downloading the compatible driver from the official AMD website or through the Device Manager on your system.
Identify Your Graphics Card Model: You need to know the exact model of your AMD Radeon graphics card. You can find this information either on the card’s box, label, or through your operating system.
Using Device Manager:
- Click on the start menu or search bar on your PC and type “Device Manager” to open it.
- Navigate to “Display adapters” and find your AMD Radeon graphics card listed there.
- Right-click on the graphics card entry and select “Update Driver”.
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
- If you prefer to manually update the driver, right-click on the graphics card entry in the Device Manager as described above.
- Select “Update Driver” and then choose “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to manually find and install the driver.
Using AMD Radeon Update Tool (For Windows 10 or 11):
- Visit the AMD support page and download the Auto-Detect tool for Radeon Graphics drivers.
- Open the downloaded file and install the application.
- Accept the license agreement, and the tool will automatically find and suggest the latest drivers for your system to install.
Restart Your System: After successfully updating the driver, restart your system to apply the changes and ensure optimal performance.
Enable High-Performance Mode
Sometimes, the system might be set to a balanced or power-saving mode, which restricts the performance to save energy. Enabling high-performance mode ensures that the system provides the necessary resources for a smoother gaming experience, potentially resolving the “Graphics Drivers Are Outdated in Starfield” error.
- Click on the start menu and type “Control Panel” to open it.
- In the control panel, find and click on “Power Options”.
- You will see various power plans listed. Select the “High-Performance” plan to enable it. If it is not visible, click on “Create a power plan” on the left sidebar and create a new high-performance plan.
- Click on “Change plan settings” next to the high-performance plan, then click on “Change advanced power settings”. Here, you can fine-tune the settings to ensure maximum performance.
- Open your graphics card control panel (NVIDIA Control Panel, AMD Radeon Settings, or Intel Graphics Command Center) and ensure that the graphics card is also set to operate in high-performance mode.
- After making the changes, restart your system to apply them.
- Launch the game and check if the error has been resolved. If not, you might want to explore other solutions or seek help from community forums or the official support page.
In the end, seeing the “Graphics Drivers Are Outdated in Starfield” message is a common issue. But with this guide, you’re well on your way to fixing it and getting back to your game.
- Starfield High CPU Usage: Top 8 Ways to Fix
- How to Fix Starfield Low FPS, Stuttering, Freezing or Lags Issues
- Top 8 Ways to Fix Starfield Keeps Crashing on PC, Xbox, PS5 Issues
- How to Install Starfield on Xbox XS Console
- Top 10 Ways to Fix Starfield Low CPU Usage
- How to Fix Starfield Stuck on Loading Screen on PC, PS5, Xbox
- 10 Ways to Fix Starfield Won’t Launch or Not Launching on PC