Spotify has become a daily use app for all the music lovers out there. It is one of the most preferred music streaming apps that one can go for. The app is available for PC, Android, as well as iOS. You can listen to music and podcasts on the Spotify app. Their library includes a vast majority of music and podcasts from all regions and countries. If you have been facing issues with the Spotify Podcasts and they are not working on your PC, then you are at the right place.
Many users have reported facing issues with Spotify podcasts. You can encounter issues with Spotify Podcasts for various reasons, such as a slow internet connection, a bug with the app, compatibility issues with the app, a corrupted cache, and podcasts not being available in your region.
How to Spotify Podcasts Not Playing Or Working
Regardless of the issue, this article will guide you through its resolution.
Check Your Network
The very first thing that you must do is check your network. You are likely to face this error due to slow internet. You must check the speed of your network before continuing with any other troubleshooting step in this article. To check the speed of your internet, visit Speedtest.net.
If the internet is slow, turn off your data and turn it on again after some time. You can try enabling and then disabling airplane mode. If the issue persists, connect to some other network, and you can play Spotify podcasts.
If the internet is fine and there’s no issue, move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Update The App
Another troubleshooting step to follow if Spotify podcasts are not working is updating the app. Updating the app fixes any bugs and technical glitches that you may encounter with the app. To update the app, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the application on your device (App store on iOS, Play Store on Android, and Microsoft Store on Windows).
- Here, search for Spotify update and tap on the correct search result.
- If an update of the app is available, you will find the option to update the app; update the app.
- Once done, try playing Spotify podcasts and see if you still face the issue.
Re-Login To Your Account
Many users have reported that re-logging into their accounts did help fix the issue for them. You can try re-logging into your account and check if that works for you. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings on your Spotify app.
- Scroll down the Settings menu, and select Log Out option to sign out of the app.
- Now, close Spotify and re-open it.
- Login into your Spotify account.
- Check if Spotify podcasts are working or not.
Clear The Cache Of Spotify
Corrupted cache data is the most common reason behind facing such issues. You can try clearing the cache of the Spotify app and see if that fixes the issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- On the App Drawer, tap the Spotify app icon and tap on the App info (i) icon.
- On the App Info screen, tap on the Storage option.
- Now, tap on Clear Cache to clear the cache of the Spotify app.
- Open the Settings app on your PC by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- In the Settings app, head to Apps from the left sidebar.
- Now on the right side, click on Apps & Features.
- From the list of apps, search for Spotify. Click on the three dots next to it and then on Advanced Options.
- Scroll down to the Reset section. Now, click on the Reset button to reset the app data.
You cannot clear the cache of apps on iOS devices. iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) do not have the option to clear the cache. You will have to reinstall the app to clear the data.
If clearing the cache didn’t help fix the Spotify podcasts not working issue, then try reinstalling Spotify. You can reinstall Spotify by following the steps given below-
- Uninstall the app from your device.
- Now, head to the application store on your device, i.e., Microsoft Store, Play Store, or App Store.
- Here, search for Spotify and select the first option.
- Install the app from the application store.
- Once installed, open Spotify on your device.
- Sign into your account and play podcasts. The issue shouldn’t be encountered now.
Contact Spotify Customer Support
If the above steps didn’t help fix the issue and you can still play Spotify, then the last resort will be contacting Spotify’s customer support. You can reach out to Spotify customer support regarding the issue you have been facing. They will guide you with the possible fix to help troubleshoot this issue.
If you have been facing issues with Spotify podcasts, you can follow the above steps to fix them. This article lists all the possible troubleshooting steps to fix Spotify podcasts not working 2023. We hope you find the solution to the issue in this article. If this article helped you solve your query, please let us know in the comments below.