The homepage is the first page that opens up when you open Google Chrome. The homepage is static, and many may not find it appealing. However, Chrome does provide you with the option to set your preferred homepage. You can easily set, customize and change the homepage in Google Chrome as per your choice. If you don’t know how to make a homepage on google chrome, this article will help you.
How to Set Homepage Google Chrome
In this article, we will be discussing how you can set Homepage in Google Chrome.
Change Homepage Chrome
To make google chrome my homepage, follow the steps given below-
- Open Chrome on your PC.
- Now, click on the three ellipses at the top right corner of the browser.
- From the menu that opens up, click on Settings.
- Head to the Appearance on the left sidebar of the Settings.
- Here, enable the toggle for the Show Home Button.
- Next, tick the option next to the URL field, and type your preferred URL in the field.
- Click on Add to change the homepage to Google Chrome.
Customize New Tab Page In Chrome – Set Google Chrome Homepage
If you want to customize the new tab page you open in Chrome, you have the option to do so. Follow the steps given below to customize the new tab page in Chrome-
- Open Start Menu and search for Google Chrome and open it.
- Click on Customize at the bottom right corner.
- Next, click on Background from the left sidebar. Here, select the background that you want to keep.
- Next, head to the Shortcuts on the left sidebar. This lets you customize your shortcut icons. You can select shortcuts edited by you, shortcuts of your most visited sites, and hide shortcuts.
- Head to the Color and theme tab now, and select the color you want to set for the new tab page in Chrome.
- Once done, click on Done, and you will be good to go.
This is how you set and change homepage in Chrome and customize the new home page. Following the above steps, you will be able to make a homepage on google chrome easily.
How Do I Change My Default Homepage In Chrome?
You will be able to change the default homepage in Google Chrome by heading to Settings > Appearance. Here, enable the toggle for Show Home Button. Now you will be able to set the default Homepage. For a detailed guide, you can refer to the steps mentioned above.
How Do I Get Back To My Old Google Homepage?
To get back to your old Homepage on Google, open the Settings of Chrome and head to Appearance. Turn off the toggle for the Show Home Button. This will revert to the old homepage on Google Chrome.