Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming platforms in the world. With millions of users, Spotify offers a vast collection of songs, albums, and playlists for music lovers. One of the exciting features of Spotify is the ability to generate personalized statistics on your listening habits. You can create a Spotify pie chart that displays your top genres and artists based on your listening history. This article will guide you through the simple steps to create a Spotify pie chart.
How to Make A Spotify Pie Chart | Spotify Pie Chart Generator
Creating a Spotify Pie Chart is an easy and fun way to visualize your music listening habits. In this article, we will guide you through the process of creating a Spotify Pie Chart.
Step 1: Accessing Your Spotify Data
The first step in creating a Spotify Pie Chart is to access your listening history data. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and go to the Spotify website.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on your username in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the “Privacy Settings” section.
- Click on the “Request” button next to “Download your data.”
- You will receive an email from Spotify containing a link to download your data.
Once you receive the email from Spotify, click on the link provided in the email. You will be directed to a page where you can download your Spotify data. Spotify will provide you with a ZIP file that contains all of your data, including your listening history.
Step 2: Extracting Your Listening History
After downloading your Spotify data, you will need to extract your listening history. To do this, follow these steps:
- Find the ZIP file that you downloaded from Spotify and extract its contents to a folder on your computer.
- Open the folder that contains the extracted files.
- Locate the file called “StreamingHistory0.json” and open it in a text editor such as Notepad or Sublime Text.
The “StreamingHistory0.json” file contains your entire listening history. It includes the date and time you listened to a song, the artist, the track name, and the album name.
Step 3: Formatting Your Data
The next step in creating a Spotify Pie Chart is to format your listening history data. To do this, you will need to convert the data into a format that can be read by a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
To format your data, follow these steps:
- Copy the entire contents of the “StreamingHistory0.json” file.
- Open a new Excel spreadsheet.
- In cell A1, paste the contents of the “StreamingHistory0.json” file.
- In cell A1, click on the “Data” tab and select “From Text/CSV” from the “Get & Transform Data” section.
- In the “Import Data” dialog box, select the “Delimited” option and click “Next.”
- In the “Delimiters” section, select the “Comma” option and click “Next.”
- In the “Data Type Detection” section, select the “Do not detect data types” option and click “Finish.”
Make A Spotify Music Pie Chart
Go to Huangdarren1106’s Website
The first step in creating your pie chart is to visit Huangdarren1106’s website. The website offers a simple and user-friendly interface for generating charts based on your Spotify account. To get started, simply visit https://huangdarren1106.github.io/ in your web browser.
Login with Spotify
Once you’re on the website, you’ll see a button that says “login with Spotify.” Click on that button to sign in to your Spotify account. You’ll need to enter your Spotify username and password to log in.
Auto Generate Your Pie Chart
After you’ve logged in, the website will automatically generate a pie chart of your top Spotify artists. The chart will display the percentage of each artist’s total plays in your account. You can hover over each slice of the pie to see the exact percentage and the name of the artist.
Creating a pie chart of your top Spotify artists is a fun and easy way to visualize your music preferences. With Huangdarren1106’s website, you can generate a chart in just a few clicks. Give it a try today and see which artists top your list!