Apple last week released the iPhone 15 series with the latest Bionic A17 Pro chipsets. As a result, it was evident that the older iPhones will now start showing problematic symptoms. Well, opinions aside, a lot of users have recently started seeing problems with regards to putting their iPhones on charging. When a user puts their dead iPhone on charging, there’s no charging symbol and hence no way to understand whether the phone has charged or not.
If you are also not able to see the charging symbol on a dead iPhone even after putting it on charge, there are a few things you can do. In this guide, we will discuss how you can fix iPhone not showing a charging symbol when dead.
Why is My iPhone Not Showing Charging Symbol?
The problem is, when a user shuts down their iPhone and puts it on charging, instead of seeing a charging logo, they see a completely black screen. Now, even if the iPhone is new, the problem is still to be seen. If a user forgot to charge their iPhone battery and now it is discharged but after plunging it in, there’s no symbol of either charging or turning on. This is the main problem.
Why iPhone is Not Showing a Charging Symbol?
Sometimes, when you put your dead iPhone on charging, it might not show up the charging symbol. Apple recently released iOS 17 for all their major iPhones. Along with this, Apple also released iPhone 15 series, which is the new flagship iPhone for this year.
As a result, as we have always seen, whenever a new device is about to launch or is launched, issues in the older iPhones appear really quickly. The same is to be seen here as well. If you are using any iPhone older than iPhone 14, you will most likely face issues like this. Other than this, some of the other obvious reasons include:
- Battery Drained: Sometimes, your battery might really be drained and for that we cannot blame Apple. In that case, you should put your iPhone on charging for some time until you see either a charging logo or the Apple logo.
- Battery Near Life End: Sometimes, your battery has reached the end of its life cycle. In that case, you won’t have any other option next to replace it. If you keep using your iPhone with a dead battery, it might show some other problems.
- Corrupt Software: Although this is rare, sometimes your iOS may get corrupt and that may lead to bricking of your device. The only fix available to you in this case is recovering your iPhone using iTunes or taking it for service.
These are some of the most common reasons for iPhone not showing charging symbol when dead. If you are also going through this traumatic situation, keep reading to fix your problem.
How to Fix iPhone Not Showing Charging Symbol When Dead
If your iPhone not showing a charging symbol when dead, don’t worry. After reading this guide, you will be able to fix it. Make sure that you go through the fixes in this guide in the order they are mentioned.
1. Leave Your iPhone on Charging
The best way to counter when an iPhone not showing a charging symbol is to leave it on charging. When the iPhone battery is completely drained, it does not have any juice to even show you the logo or a low battery symbol that appears red. In that case, it would be best that you put your iPhone for charging and leave it for some time.
If you are using a Fast Charger, 1 hour should be enough. However, for normal chargers, it should be around one and a half hours. During this time, you don’t need to touch your phone or try pressing any hardware keys. Just let your phone comfortably charge.
Once one or more hours have passed, try turning on your iPhone and check whether you see any icon or Apple logo. If it turns on, great. Else, if you see nothing on the screen, follow up with the next fix.
2. Try Turning it On While Charging
If leaving your iPhone on charging didn’t help, try turning on your iPhone when on charging. This way, you can see whether it has even a little bit of juice left or not. If it is not turning on this way, leave it on charging again for a few minutes and then turn it on.
When it is charging, and one or more than that has already passed, try turning it on while your iPhone is already charging. Keep pressing and releasing the power button until you at least see the Apple logo or low battery icon. If you still see nothing, follow up with the next fix.
3. Hard Reset Your iPhone
Sometimes, when an iPhone does not show the charging symbol, even when you put it on charging, a hard reset might be the fix. A hard reset usually fixes most of the problems, even if it is dead. Another thing to note is if the iPhone is dead, it might not be actually dead and useless. Here are the steps to hard reset your iPhone:
- Press and release the Volume Up key.
- Next, immediately press and release the Volume Down key.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
If the above process is not working, you need to repeat it again carefully. Make sure that you repeat the keypresses almost instantly without any delay. Also, if you have an iPhone with fingerprint scanner, you need to press the fingerprint key instead of the power key.
When the above steps are complete, your iPhone will take a minute or two and then restart. When you do this, make sure that your iPhone is in charge.
4. Restore Your iPhone With iTunes
If your iPhone is not showing the charging symbol and also not turning on in any way, even after a hard reset, it is possible that your iPhone is bricked. In that case, it is best that you restore your iPhone using iTunes.
If you have a Windows PC, iTunes is what you need, but if you have a Mac, you don’t need any additional software. if you have none, then you need to visit an Apple Authorised service centre. Here are the steps to restore your iPhone with iTunes:
- Download iTunes by going to the official Apple website.
- Now, go to the Downloads folder and proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, open it and connect your iPhone using the cable.
- Once connected, a small iPhone icon will appear on the right side of the screen. Click on that.
- Now, you will see a pop-up menu that says Update or Restore iPhone. Click on Restore iPhone.
- In the next window, click on Restore and Update.
Now, iTunes will download iOS from the Apple Servers and push install it on your phone. Depending on your internet speed, iTunes will install the software on your iPhone. Once everything is complete, your iPhone will automatically restart, and everything should be as good as new.
5. Contact the Apple Authorised Service Center
If none of the above fixes has worked for you, to fix the iPhone Not Showing Charging Symbol when dead is to contact an Apple authorized service center. If you have an Apple Care plan, you won’t have to pay anything. However, if you don’t have Apple Care, charges will depend on the level and severity of the problem.
Make sure that you don’t panic at the store otherwise, they will keep increasing the price. Tell them your problem, and your iPhone should be fixed within a day or two. If you are having any trouble, check out our guide on contacting Apple customer support.
The Bottom Line
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can fix an iPhone if it is not showing charging symbol. We hope this guide has helped you. If you still have any doubts or queries, make sure to comment below so that we can help you out.
- How to Use Roadside Assistance via Satellite on iPhone 15
- Fix Apple Card Savings Account Not Showing Up on iPhone, iPad
- How to Remove Support Apple com iPhone Passcode
- How to Activate Apple at activate.apple.com Enter Code
- Fix Apple CarPlay Not Working in iOS 16.6 iPhone
- How to Transfer Apple Cash to Bank Account or Debit Card