HBO Max is one of the most popular online on-demand streaming service. Now, a lot of people buy HBO Max subscriptions primarily to watch it with their family members. Unfortunately, if a streaming service is not available on TV, it renders it useless. A similar thing is being noticed among HBO Max users. They are unable to Sign in HBO Max on TV. If you are one of them, don’t worry. Your subscription is not wasted. Here, in this guide, we have listed 5 different ways to sign in HBO Max on TV and watch comfortably.
Is It Possible to Sign In HBO Max On TV
As you might already be aware of, HBO Max is not compatible with a lot of TV manufacturers. However, we have a few ways that are actually known to work provided you are ready to spend a few bucks or at least have a laptop or PC at home. If you have these things, you can easily sign in HBO Max on your TV. Needless to say, you also need to have a working HBO Max subscription.
What TVs Does HBO Max Support?
As of now, HBO Max is supported on a wide range of TVs. However, you cannot expect service like either Amazon Prime or Netflix. Therefore, not all devices support HBO Max. Here are the supported smart TVs:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung TV
- Cox Contour 2 and Contourthe Stream Player
- LG Smart TV
- VIZIO Smart TV (2016 models and later)
- XClass TV
- Xfinity X1 and Flex
If you have any of these TVs, you can easily sign in HBO Max and watch shows and movies. If not, there are other ways around it.
How to Install and Sign In To HBO Max?
If you have subscribed to HBO Max and figured out that your TV supports it, you can easily install and sign into HBO Max on your TV. However, even if you have the aforementioned TVs, there can be some inevitable problems, such as older version firmware a bad ethernet port or non-working wifi. The list is endless. If that’s the case, we will now show you some methods that will help you install and sign into HBO Max on your TV.
Method 1: Install HBO Max and Sign In
The first method is obviously the easiest and works seamlessly with modern TVs. If you have any TV from the aforementioned list, you can follow this method and make your TV HBO-ready. With that being said, here are the steps:
- Turn on your TV and make sure it is connected to the internet. Wired or wireless, both are fine.
- Now, go to the App Store. This option can be different depending on your TV brand. If you have an Android TV, it will be Play Store, and on others, it should be App Store.
- In the App Store search, type HBO Max. When found, click on it.
- Click on Install.
- When installed, you will see a 6 6-digit code. Write the code somewhere or stay on that screen.
- Now, on your PC or smartphone, wherever you have HBO Max logged in, go to hbomax.com/activate.
- Enter the 6 6-digit code and tap on Next.
That’s it. Now, your TV is ready to stream content from HBO Max. For all further uses, you won’t need to repeat these steps.
Method 2: Cast HBO Max Using Chromecast
If your TV does not support HBO Max by default or is running on an older version of firmware, you will need an additional device known as Chromecast. Earlier, Chromecasts used to be expensive, but nowadays, they are available for as cheap as $10-20.
When you buy one, simply connect it to your TV using the HDMI port, and it is now ready to stream content from HBO Max. Also, Chromecast will make your TV ready for streaming not only HBO Max but everything that your TV does not support. Basically, it will make your ordinary TV a partially smart TV that can stream content directly from the smartphone. Here are the steps to connecting and using Chromecast:
- Connect your smartphone or PC with WiFi.
- Now, connect the Chromecast with the same WiFi. If you don’t have WiFi, you can use your smartphone as a Hotspot for this purpose.
- Install the HBO Max app on your Smartphone. If you are using a PC, the browser is enough. We will discuss this later.
- Now, connect your smartphone with the Chromecast.
- Open HBO Max on your phone and start playing a video.
- When the video is playing, you will notice an unusual button, like a triangle inside a rectangle. Tap on it.
- Now, your TV will start showing you the content you are playing on your phone.
That’s it. Now, your TV is ready to stream HBO Max content from your phone directly. However, when using this method, you need to keep in mind that the volume controls on the remote won’t work when using Screen Cast. Your phone’s volume rockers will serve as the main volume control.
Method 3: Cast Using a PC
If you are not comfortable casting your phone on the TV for privacy or other concerns, you can easily do this using your PC as well. The process is slightly different if not much. Here are the steps:
- Make sure that your PC and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi Network. If WiFi is not available, you can use a phone’s hotspot for WiFi.
- Open Google Chrome. Other browsers won’t work for this purpose.
- Go to the HBO Max website and sign into your Account.
- Now, start playing either a movie or a show.
- On the address bar, you will notice a cast button. Click on that.
- From the available options, click on your TV’s Chromecast.
The content will start playing on TV. However, you should keep in mind that the same thing goes for TV as well. The volume controls of the remote control won’t work when Chromecast is being used. If your Chromecast has a remote, it might work.
Method 4: Use AirPlay to Stream HBO Max on TV
If you don’t have a Windows PC or an Android Smartphone but have Apple Products, using AirPlay is an excellent alternative that should let you sign into HBO Max on your TV and stream content directly. Another thing to consider is whether your TV supports AirPlay. If you are unsure, check whether your TV supports AirPlay or not. Interestingly, AirPlay is widely supported across iPhones, iPads, and Macbooks, and if you have any of these devices, you can use it. Here are the steps to use AirPlay to stream HBO Max on unsupported TVs:
- First of all, connect your iOS device and TV to the same WiFi network as your AirPlay-compatible TV.
- Next, turn on AirPlay on both devices. The method to turn on AirPlay differs depending on the manufacturers. However, in general, it is here: Settings > Network and Connections > Air Play.
- Now, on your iPhone or iPad, open the HBO Max app and start playing content.
- Finally, tap on the AirPlay icon, and the content should start streaming on your TV at the same time.
Method 5: Use an HDMI Cable to Stream HBO Max on TV
The last and other method that can be termed extremely easy. However, you will need an HDMI cable and an adapter if you are thinking of using it with an iPhone or a Smartphone. However, a normal HDMI cable should work if you are doing this with your laptop or PC. You will need two things: an HDMI cable and an HDMI Cable adapter to use with your phone. Here are the steps to use an HDMI cable to stream HBO Max on TV:
- Connect your phone with an HDMI adapter and plug it into the TV.
- Now, on your phone, open the HBO Max app and start streaming a video.
- If necessary, you might need to use the remote to switch the video source.
- If you are using a PC, connect the HDMI cable and press either the F2 or F5 buttons to change the display mode to duplicate. This way, your TV will act like a secondary monitor.
Now, you can easily sign in and stream HBO Max content on your TV even if it is not supported. We hope that you found this guide helpful.
- How to Update HBO Max to Max on ROKU 2024
- How to Update HBO Max to Max on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV
- Fix HBO Max Dolby Vision 4K HDR Not Working on Apple TV
- How to Remap HBO Max Button to Max on Android TV Remote
- How To Fix HBO Max (MAX) Stuck On Loading Screen Issue
- Activate Max with 6 Digit TV Activation Code at max.com/tvsignin