Audio on Windows 11 can easily be recorded. Voice recording is easy with the in-built Voice Recorder app on Windows, and you won’t have to use any third-party apps to do so. The Voice recorder app on Windows 11 comes with various features so that you need not download any third-party app to record audio. If you want to know how to record audio on Windows 11 using a voice recorder, this article will help you.
How to Record Audio On Windows 11
This article will explain how you can record audio on Windows 11 using the voice recorder app. To record sound on Windows 11, follow the steps given below:
Get The Voice Record App
You will get the Voice Recorder app in-built in Windows. If you have uninstalled the application, you will have to download it again from the Microsoft Store.
- To download the voice recorder app on your PC, head to the Microsoft Store. In the Microsoft Store, search for Windows Voice Record.
- Open Windows Voice Recorder and then click on the install/get button.
- Wait for the application to download and install.
Recording Audio Using Windows Recorder
Now that you have downloaded and installed the Voice recorder app on your PC, you can follow the steps given below to record audio using the voice recorder app.
- Firstly select the mic you will be using to record audio. Select whether you will be using your laptop’s mic or any external mic to record audio. Open the settings of your PC. In the settings, head to the sound tab in the left sidebar. Under the input section, you will see the Microphone option. From here, you can add the Microphone and set it as default to record audio.
- Now open the voice recorder application on your PC. Head to the start menu, and search for the voice recorder and open it.
- In the voice recorder application, click on the record button to record the audio. You can also press the Ctrl+R key combo to start the recording.
- After doing so, the recording will start. You can press the pause button to pause the recording. Resume the recording whenever you want to, and the audio will be recorded in the same file. You will also have the option to stop the recording or click on the flag button to flag it.
- After you stop the recording, you will be able to play it from the application, or you can access it from the Sound recordings folder inside the documents folder, which you can access from the file explorer.
Trimming and Sharing Recorded Sound On Windows 11
Sound Recorder is not just a simple app to record audio on Windows 11. Apart from recording audio using the app, you can even trim the audios that you have recorded. Voice Recorder application makes it easier for one to trim audio that you have recorded using the app. To trim the recorded audio on Windows 11, follow the steps given below-
- In the voice recorder app, select the recording that you want to trim from the left pane.
- Now you will see an option to trim audio. Click on it.
- Now drag the pins to select the part of the audio that you want to trim.
- Once you have selected the part that you want to trim, click on save.
- This will save the trimmed version of the audio.
You can also share the recorded audio directly from the app. The process gets easier with the Voice Recorder app as it allows you to share the audio recording to any social media or via email. Follow the steps given to share audio recording using the voice recorder app-
- Open the voice recorder application, and then select the recording that you want to share.
- Click on the share button that you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- After click on the share option, select the app to which you want to share the audio files.
- You can share the audio files on social media or to any email by following the above steps.
- Fix Windows 11 Bluetooth Not Working Issue
- How to Fix Windows 11 Widgets Not Working Properly
- Desktop Keeps Crashing Fixed
That’s how you can record audio on Windows 11 PC. The process is quite easier with the Windows Voice Recorder application. There are various third-party apps as well, using which you can also record sound on Windows 11. You can prefer using them if you don’t want to use the Windows Voice Recorder application.
The sound recorder on my windows 11 app that was pre-installed does not have a trim feature. It is a new app which in my opinion is not as good as the previous voice recorder app. Also, it doesn’t record other peoples’ voices when I’m using zoom, at least with the default settings. Perhaps there is a way to enable recording other voices (in addition to my own) but I haven’t figured that out yet.
One word: Audacity