This guide will assist you if you have a Samsung Smart TV and wish to install third-party apps on it. Samsung Smart TVs run on their own operating system, not Android. As a result, you won’t find the Play Store in it; instead, you’ll see Samsung’s own App Store. You may not find various apps on Samsung’s App Store. However, you may find it difficult to install third-party apps on Samsung Smart TV.
Third-party apps can be installed on your Samsung Smart TV, but you won’t be able to install APK files directly because the TV doesn’t run on Android. Installing third-party apps on a Samsung Smart TV is simple, and all you need is the correct guidance to get started. This tutorial will show you how to install third-party apps on your Samsung Smart TV.
Install Third-Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV
It is easy to install third-party apps on your Samsung Smart TV, but you may find the process to be a bit lengthy. We have divided the complete process into three parts which are as follows-
Enabling Unknown Sources On Samsung Smart TV
Firstly, you will have to enable the unknown sources to feature on the Samsung Smart TV. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung Smart TV. This will open the Home Screen on your TV.
- In the Home Screen, head to the Settings menu.
- In the Settings, head to the Personal tab, and here select the Security option.
- Select Add-ons and then turn on the toggle for the Unknown Sources on the left side.
This will enable the Unknown sources to feature. After you have enabled this feature you can continue with the next step.
Enabling Developer Mode
After you have enabled unknown sources on Samsung Smart TV, you will have to enable the developer mode. To enable developer mode, follow the steps given below-
- From the Home Screen of the Samsung Smart TV, head to the Settings. In the Settings, select the Smart Hub option.
- Here, head to the Apps Section. You will have to enter your PIN. If you haven’t changed the pin, then you
- After you have entered your PIN, head to the Apps panel.
- Now enable the toggle for the Developer Mode when the Developer mode configuration window opens up.
- Next, you will be asked to enter the IP address of the Host PC that you want to connect to. After you have entered the IP address of the host PC, select OK.
- Now restart your TV, and you can continue to the next step.
Add Apps To The TV
Now that you have enabled the unknown sources as well as the developer mode, you can continue with adding third-party apps to the Samsung Smart TV. There are two ways to install third-party apps on Samsung Smart TV, you can do it with the help of USB Flash Driver or with the help of Command Prompt. Given below are both the methods to add apps to the Samsung Smart TV-
Using USB Flash Drive To Install Third-Party Apps
To install third-party apps using the USB Flash Drive, follow the steps given below-
- Download the .apk file of the app on your PC. Now plug in the USB flash drive on your PC, and copy the APK file to it.
- Now, plug in the USB flash drive.
- Head to the File Manager on TV and install the APK file from the Flash Drive.
Using Command Drive To Install Third-Party Apps
Another way to install third-party apps on Samsung Smart TV is by using the Command Prompt. Before continuing ensure your TV and PC are connected to the same network. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- On your TV, head to the Settings and then select Network on the left sidebar of the Settings.
- Here, select Information, and you will get to know the IP address of your TV. Note down the IP address of your TV.
- Now on your PC open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key. In the Start Menu, search for CMD. Right-click on the Command Prompt and then click on Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, execute the following command- adb connect 220.127.116.11
Note- Here, replace 18.104.22.168with the IP address of the TV.
- Now in the Command Prompt, type install E\app.apk and hit Enter. Here, you will have to replace E with the drive name and the app with the name of the app.
- This will install the app on your TV. Once the app has been installed, type the command adb disconnect 22.214.171.124 and hit Enter. Here, replace 126.96.36.199 with the IP address of the TV and you are good to go.
This is how you can install third-party apps on your Samsung Smart TV. If you have a Samsung Smart TV at home and you want to install a third-party app on it, then you can follow the steps outlined in this article.