Themes on your PC can completely change the look and feel of your PC. You can install and remove themes on Windows 11 if you want to change the complete look of your Windows. Windows 11 comes with a few pre-built themes. However, you can install the themes on Windows 11 and use them to customize your PC. Not only this, but also you can remove the themes which you install.
Add Or Remove Themes In Windows 11
If you are looking for a way to install and remove themes in Windows 11, then you are probably at the right place. In this article, we will be discussing how you can install and remove themes in Windows 11.
Install Theme In Windows 11
You can easily install themes in Windows 11 from the Settings. To install themes in Windows 11, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app on your PC. In the Start menu, search for Settings and open it, or you can press the Windows + I key.
- Here, click on the Personalization in the left sidebar to head to the Personalization section.
- Now on the right side, click on Themes. Now click on Browse themes. This will open the Microsoft Store on your PC. You will automatically be head to the themes page on the Microsoft Store.
- Here select the theme that you would like to install on your PC. Select the theme and then click on Get/Install to install the theme on your PC.
- After doing so, head to the Themes section in Personalization in Settings.
- Here you will find the theme that you have installed.
- Now click on the theme you installed to use it. Similarly, you can use all the other themes on your PC by just clicking on them.
Removing The Theme In Windows 11
Remove the theme on the Windows 11 is easy. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your PC by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- In the left sidebar, click on the Personalization to head to the Personalization section.
- Here click on the Themes option on the right side.
- Now right-click on the theme you installed, and then click on Remove theme to remove the theme from your PC.
Do note that this will only work for the theme you installed on your PC and not for the in-build themes on your PC.
Making Your Custom Theme
You can also make your custom theme in Windows 11 using the Settings of your PC. Follow the steps given below to make and use your custom theme on Windows 11.
- Open the Settings on your PC. In the Settings, head to the Personalization and then to the Themes section.
- Here you will see four options- Background, color, sounds, and mouse cursor.
- Select the Background option, and then select the image you want to use as your background.
- In the color section, select what you want the color theme of the PC to be.
- Also, you can select the sound for your PC in the Sounds section.
- If you want to customize the mouse cursor, you can do it from the Mouse cursor section.
- Once you are done making your custom theme, click on Use custom theme to use the theme you created.
- Windows 11 Start Menu Not Working: Here’s How To Fix?
- How To Fix Windows 11 File Explorer Keeps Crashing
- How To Repair Windows 11 Easily
- How to Set a Custom Battery Charge Limit in Windows 11/10
This is how you can install and remove themes in Windows 11. We have also discussed how you can create your custom themes in Windows 11. Following the above steps, you will be able to install and remove the theme and create your custom theme on your PC.