Users have recently reported encountering the CE-30005-8 error on their PS4 when attempting to launch any game. Users are unable to launch the game they wish to play on their PS4 due to this problem. There are a number of possible causes for this problem, including a scratched or cracked disc, a damaged hard drive, or corrupted PS4 firmware. The PS4’s ‘Cannot Start the Application (CE-30005-8) Error‘ can be temporary or permanent, depending on the cause of the problem. There is little you can do if the error is permanent. If the problem is only temporary, this article will assist you in resolving it.
Fix PS4 Cannot Start The Application (CE-30005-8) Error
In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix the ‘Cannot Start the Application (CE-30005-8) Error’ on PS4.
Clean The Disc
If you face his issue due to the game disc, you can try cleaning the disc. Cleaning the disc in most cases fixes the issue. You can clean the disc in the following ways-
- Use a lint-free cloth to clean the disc.
- Wash the disc with clean water and then wipe it using a lint-free cloth.
- Put the disc in direct sunlight for 15 minutes.
- Using WD40 to clean the disc.
- You can also buff out the game disc.
If the disc is clean and there is no damage, you are probably facing the issue due to some other reasons. However, if the disc is not the reason behind the ‘Cannot Start the Application (CE-30005-8) Error’ on PS4, then you can move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Restart The PS4 Console
You may also face the issue on your PC because of temporary bugs and glitches, which you can easily solve by restarting the PS4 console. To restart the PS4 console, follow the steps given below-
- Power off of your PS4. Wait for it to shut down completely. Once the lights are off, unplug the console from the power source.
- Now, wait for a minute or two and plug back the PS4 into the power source.
- Turn on the console, and launch the application. You should now no longer face the ‘Cannot Start the Application (CE-30005-8) Error’ on PS4.
Reinstall Game With The Problem
The next thing you can try doing is reinstalling the problematic game. Given below are the steps to reinstall the problematic game-
- Head to the Library on the PS4 from the home screen.
- In the left sidebar of the library, select Games. Now select the game on which you face the issue, and press the Options key on the controller.
- Now, select the Delete option and confirm deleting the game.
- After doing so, restart your PS4 and reinstall the game.
This should most probably fix the issue for you. However, if you still face the issue, then prefer moving to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Rebuild The PS4 Database
You may also face a ‘Cannot Start the Application (CE-30005-8) Error’ on PS4 due to a corrupted database. In this case, rebuilding the database of PS4 can most probably fix the issue. To rebuild the PS4 database, follow the steps given below-
- Boot your PS4 into the Safe mode and connect your controller to it.
- Now, in the Safe Mode, select the Rebuild database option.
- When asked to confirm rebuilding the database, select OK.
- After the database has been rebuilt, press the PS button on your PS4 controller and then select your account.
- After doing so, head to the Settings of your PS4, and here, select Storage.
- Next, select System Storage and then select Saved Data.
- From here, select the game with which you are facing the issue. Press the Option button on the controller and delete the game. Also, delete all the entries of the game.
- Now reinstall the game, and the issue should be fixed.
Update PS4 Firmware
Outdated firmware may also be the reason behind facing the ‘Cannot Start the Application (CE-30005-8) Error’ on PS4. Try updating the system software and then check if you face the issue or not. To update PS4 firmware, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, uninstall the game on which you are facing the issue.
- Now, head to the Settings of the PS4 and open the System Software Update.
- Select Next, and then wait for the system software to be updated, and then reinstall the game.
Reset PS4 Console
The above-mentioned steps should most probably fix the issue you have been facing. However, if none of the above steps help fix the issue, the last option will be to reset the PS4. Before resetting your PC, ensure you have copied your data to the external storage device. To reset PS4, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings of the PS4, and here select Initialization.
- Then select Initialize PS4 and then select Full.
- Wait for the process to complete. Ensure the console doesn’t get turned off during the process.
After the PS4 has been reset, you should no longer face the issue.
This is how you can fix the ‘Cannot Start the Application (CE-30005-8) Error’ on PS4. We have discussed all the troubleshooting steps that can you can try to fix the issue you have been facing.