Dragon Age Inquisition is a popular game for Windows PC. Bioware developed this game, and Electronic Arts published it. The game is available for Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation, and Xbox One. However, many users reported that Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
You may face this issue for several reasons, including problematic background services, missing files or corrupted files, not giving administrative privileges to the game, full-screen optimizations, and compatibility with the system.
You may face this issue due to the above reasons. If you have reached out to this article, you are probably searching for a way to fix Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch.
Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch In Windows
In this article, we will be discussing all the possible ways to fix Dragon Age Inquisition that won’t launch.
Try Repairing The Game Files
You may face this error due to missing or corrupted game files. So to fix the issue, you should try verifying the game files. You can use the Origin Client to verify and repair the game files. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, open the Origin client on your PC. You will be asked to sign in to your account if you are not already.
- After signing into your account, click on My Game Library from the left pane.
- Here, search for the Dragon Age game and select it. Right-click on it and then click on Repair Game.
- Origin will begin verifying the files, and it will fix all the missing and corrupted files.
- After doing so, you should be able to play the game without any problem.
Try Running A Clean Boot
Another thing that you can do is performing a clean boot. To perform a clean boot, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + R key combo and type MSConfig. Click on OK to open the System Configuration on your PC.
- Here, head to the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Click on Disable All to disable third-party services.
- Now head to the Startup tab in the System Configuration, and click on the Open Task Manager.
- Here, click on the Startup tab in the Task Manager.
- Select all the apps individually and then click on Disable. Do this individually for all the apps.
- After doing so, restart your PC, and you should now not face the issue you were facing.
Giving Administrative Privileges
Another thing that you can try doing is granting administrative privileges to the game. Sometimes the game may require administrative privileges to run properly.
- Head to the installation folder of the game and search for the executable file here.
- Right-click on the file, and then click on Properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab in the Properties.
- Now check the Run as administrator checkbox, and click on Apply and then on OK.
- Now try running the game again, and you will no longer face the issue.
Disable Full-Screen Optimization
You can try disabling the Full-Screen optimization to fix the Dragon Age Inquisition not launching in Windows 10 and 11. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the installation folder of the game as we did above.
- Here, location the executable file of the game, right-click on it, and open its properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab in the Properties, check the Disable Fullscreen Optimization checkbox, and click on Apply.
After doing so, try launching the game again, and you will be able to play the game without any problem.
Disable The Antivirus Software
You may also face this issue due to the antivirus software on your PC. Many times the third-party antivirus program on your PC may conflict with the game. You may try disabling the antivirus software on your PC and then try running the game again.
If you still face the error, then temporarily try uninstalling the antivirus from your PC. After doing so, run the game and check if it runs or not. If the game works properly, then the issue was caused due to the app. However, if the issue is still not solved, the issue was not caused due to the antivirus, and you can install it again on your PC.
Try Running The Compatibility Troubleshooter
You can face the issue due to compatibility issues with the game. If the game is not compatible with the PC, then you can try running the compatibility troubleshooter and check if the issue is caused due to the compatibility issue on your PC.
- To run the compatibility troubleshooter, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the game’s installation folder, search for the executable game file, and select it.
- Right-click on the executable game file, and then click on the Properties. Now click on the Compatibility tab.
- Here, click on Run Compatibility Troubleshooter to run the compatibility troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter and check if you still face the issue.
- How To Cross Out Text In Discord: Discord Crossout
- Fix Xbox One That Won’t Connect To Live in Windows 11
- Is Risk Of Rain 2 Cross-Platform?
After following the above steps, you will be able to solve the issue you are facing. We hope this article helps solve the issue you are facing.