The main purpose of a smartphone is to call and connect you with other people, and there’s no use of the smartphone when it cannot do the basic task of calling someone. Though nowadays smartphones can be used for more than just calling, at the end of the day, a phone should be able to call someone. Recently, many users have reported facing ‘Cellular network not available for voice calls’ while trying to call someone.
You will likely encounter this issue when your phone cannot detect the network. However, users have reported facing this issue even though the smartphone had a full network. Apart from low network reception, you may face this issue when the SIM card is faulty or blocked.
Fix Cellular Network Not Available for Voice Calls Error
This article will guide you through all the troubleshooting steps to fix the Cellular network not available for voice calls error.
Firstly, check if the networks are available. If you are facing this issue, it can be because the network is unavailable. This generally happens when you are in an area with low network reception (generally within an enclosed space). Move to an area with good network reception and check if you get the network.
However, if your phone has a full network but still gets the ‘Cellular network not available for voice calls’ error, then you should move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Reinsert SIM Card
Another thing that you can do is reinsert the SIM card. Remove the SIM from your phone, and then clean it with a clean cloth. If the SIM is dirty, then that may cause this issue. Clean the SIM with the cloth and reinsert the SIM card into your phone. This should fix the issue you have been facing, but if you still face it, move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Turn Off Airplane Mode
When airplane mode is turned on, your phone will not get any network. Turn off airplane mode if it is turned on, and then check if you still face the issue.
If airplane mode is not turned on, you can enable the airplane mode for a few seconds and then disable it again. This should fix the issue, but if it doesn’t, you have other ways to follow in this article.
Restart Your Phone
Another thing that you can do is restart your phone. This will clear all the temporary bugs and glitches. Restart your phone and then check whether you are still facing the issue.
Enable Data Roaming
Data roaming allows you to call, text, and use the internet when you change your location. This feature is helpful when you are always on the move. If data roaming is disabled, you can follow the steps given below to disable it.
On Android phone
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- In Settings, tap on Connections.
- Now, tap on the Mobile Networks option.
- Here you will see the Data Roaming toggle; enable it.
Note- The above steps are for Samsung devices and can vary for smartphone brands.
- On your iPhone, tap on the Settings app.
- Here, tap on the Cellular option and then on Cellular Data Options.
- Now, turn on the toggle for Data Roaming.
Update Your Firmware
You might also encounter this issue due to bugs and glitches on your device. Updating your firmware to the latest version should fix all such bugs.
- Open the Settings of your Android phone.
- Here, tap on the Software Update option.
- Now, tap on Download and Install. This will search for available updates.
- Install any update available here, and then see if you still face the issue.
- Tap on the Settings app on your iPhone to open it.
- Here, tap on General and then on Software Update. Any updates available will be listed here. If multiple updates are available, select the update you want to install.
- Now, tap on Download and Install button to install the update.
Auto-Select Network Operator
Another thing that you can do is auto-selecting the network operator. If you are connected to the wrong network server, that may cause this issue, and auto-selecting the network operator should help fix it.
- Open the Settings of your Android device.
- Next, tap on Connections and then on Mobile Networks.
- Now, tap on the Network Operators option.
- Select your SIM (if you are using multiple SIM).
- Turn on the toggle for Select Automatically to auto-select the network operator.
- Open the Settings app.
- Now, tap on Mobile Data and then Mobile Network.
- Now, turn on Automatic to enable network operator auto-select.
Get In Touch With Your Network Provider
If you are still getting ‘Cellular network not available for phone calls,’ you must contact your network provider. This issue can be encountered when your SIM card is faulty or blocked. You will have to contact your network provider and tell them about your issue. Your network provider will help you fix the issue you have been facing while calling.
Above were some steps to help fix ‘Cellular network not available for phone calls.’ If you cannot call because you have been facing this issue, this article should help fix this issue. We hope you find this article helpful and the issue you have been facing is fixed.
- How to Fix iPhone Cellular Data Not Working on iPhone iOS 16
- Fix Update is Required to Use Cellular Data on iPhone in iOS 15, 16
- How to Fix Phone Not Receiving Calls for Android/iOS
- How to Find Out Who Called Me From This Phone Number
- How To Type in a Phone Number and Find out who it is
- Fix SmartByte Network Service Telemetry On Windows 11