If you are using a touchscreen PC with Windows 11, then having a touch keyboard or an on-screen virtual keyboard is a good idea. On a tablet with Windows 11 or on a 2-in-1 laptop, you may not always use a physical keyboard to type on it. Therefore, you may prefer using the touch keyboard or the on-screen keyboard to type while using the touch-screen. But how you can enable this feature in Windows 11? Touch keyboard is a built-in tool in Windows 11 which you need to enable from the Settings.
How to Enable On-Screen Keyboard on Windows 11
If you don’t know how you can enable touch keyboards on Windows 11, then this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can enable touch keyboards on Windows 11.
Enabling Touch Keyboard On Windows 11
You can easily enable the touch keyboard on Windows 11 from the Settings app on your PC. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your PC. You can either search for the Settings in the start menu or press the Windows + I key combo to open the Settings on your PC.
- Head to the Personalization section in the Settings. You can do so by clicking on the Personalization option in the left sidebar of the Settings.
- Click on the taskbar option in the personalization from the right screen.
- In the taskbar, click on the taskbar corner icons. Here you will see two options now- touch keyboard, virtual touchpad, and pen menu.
- Enable the touch keyboard toggle.
- After you enable the touch keyboard toggle, you will see a small keyboard icon appear at the lower-right corner of your taskbar. Clicking on this icon will open a virtual keyboard on your screen just about the taskbar.
If you are not using your PC with a touch screen, then you can click on the keys on the virtual keyboard to type them. However, if you are using the PC in touch screen mode, then you can tap on the keys to type them.
Disabling Touch Keyboard On Windows 11
If you don’t want to use the touch keyboard anymore on your Windows PC, then you can anytime disable it. Disabling a touch keyboard is as easy as disabling it, and you can easily do it within a few steps. To disable the touch keyboard on Windows 11, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the taskbar settings on your PC. To open the taskbar settings, right-click on the taskbar, and then click on taskbar settings. You will be headed to the taskbar section in the personalization in the settings.
- Here click on the taskbar corner icons option. Now among the options that you get, turn off the touch keyboard toggle.
Now the small keyboard icon on the lower-right corner of the taskbar will disappear, and you will no longer be able to use the touch keyboard on Windows 11.
When Is The Touch Keyboard Useful?
The touch keyboard is useful when you are using a Windows tablet or 2-in-1 laptop. If you don’t want to use the physical keyboard on your Windows tablet or 2-in-1 laptop, then a touch keyboard can be useful.
How To Windows 11 On-Screen Keyboard?
You can easily enable the touch keyboard on Windows from the taskbar settings. We have already discussed how you can enable touch keyboards on Windows 11.
How Do I Open The Touch Keyboard On Windows 11?
After you enable the touch keyboard on Windows 11, you will see a small keyboard icon on the lower right corner of the taskbar. Clicking on this icon will bring up the touch keyboard, and you will be able to use it when using your PC in touchscreen mode.
How To Disable The Touch Keyboard On Windows 11?
You can simply disable the touch keyboard by turning off the touch keyboard toggle in the taskbar settings. We have discussed the steps to disable the touch keyboard in the above article, so you can follow that to disable the touch keyboard.
- How To Enable Or Disable Notifications On Windows 11
- Enable/Disable Windows Update Medic Service in Windows 11
- Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
That’s how you can enable or disable the touch keyboard on Windows 11. Following the above steps, you will be able to enable or disable the touch keyboard on Windows 11.