Starfield 2023, Developed by the renowned Bethesda Game Studios, this next-generation role-playing game has fascinated the hearts of many. However, like any other game, it is not without its glitches. A common issue troubling gamers is the “Controller Not Working in Starfield” error.
But oh no, just as you’re about to set sail on your space journey, you hit a little snag – your controller decides to take a break! Yes, we’re talking about the infamous “Controller Not Working in Starfield” issue that has been causing a bit of a stir in the gaming community.
In this guide, we’re going to hold your hand and walk you through some super easy steps to fix the “Starfield Controller Not Working” problem. We promise it’s going to be a breeze, and before you know it, you’ll be back to navigating through galaxies and unveiling the secrets that lie in the vast universe of Starfield.
Before we get into the solutions, it is important to understand what might be causing the “Starfield Controller Not Working” issue. This way, you can address the problem more effectively, ensuring a smoother gaming experience. Let’s explore the potential causes and the preliminary steps you can take to fix this issue.
What Causes the Starfield Controller to Not Work?
The “Controller Not Working in Starfield” problem can stem from various sources. It could be a result of software glitches, compatibility issues, or even hardware malfunctions. Sometimes, the problem might be with the game settings or the system configurations that are not aligned correctly. Identifying the root cause is the first step towards finding a solution. In the next section, we will discuss some quick steps that can help you pinpoint and address the issue.
Fix Starfield Controller Not Working Error 2023
Before jumping into complex solutions, it’s wise to perform some prechecks to possibly nip the “Starfield Controller Not Working” issue in the bud. These preliminary steps include:
|Check Controller Connection||Ensure a secure connection to prevent any disruptions.|
|Restart the Game||A simple restart can sometimes fix the issue.|
|Update Controller Drivers||Keep drivers updated to avoid compatibility issues.|
|Inspect Hardware||Check for any visible damages or issues.|
|Game Updates||Install any pending updates that might contain fixes.|
|Adjust Game Settings||Ensure settings are correctly configured for your controller.|
|Test Controller on Another Game||Verify if the issue is specific to Starfield.|
How to Fix Starfield Controller Not Working
If your controller is not working in Starfield, here’s every possible way to fix it before you begin enjoying your game. Make sure that you follow each step carefully, and in the serial they are mentioned.
1. Check Bluetooth Connectivity and Battery
Sometimes, the issue lies with the Bluetooth connectivity or the controller’s battery life. Ensuring a stable connection and a sufficiently charged battery can often resolve the “Controller Not Working in Starfield” issue. It’s essential to regularly check the battery status and ensure that the Bluetooth connection is stable to enjoy an uninterrupted gaming session.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth is connected properly.
- Check the battery level of the controller.
- Try reconnecting the controller if connectivity issues persist.
- Replace the batteries or charge the controller if the battery level is low.
2. Turn off the Steam Overlay
The Steam overlay, while useful, can sometimes interfere with the game’s operations, causing the controller to malfunction. Disabling this feature can potentially eliminate any conflicts, allowing for a smoother gaming experience without the “Controller Not Working in Starfield” issue.
- Open the Steam application.
- Navigate to ‘Settings‘ and select the ‘In-Game‘ tab.
- Uncheck the ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game‘ option.
- Restart Starfield and check if the controller issue has been resolved.
3. Play in Big Picture Mode
Utilizing Steam’s Big Picture mode can sometimes alleviate controller issues. This mode is designed to optimize the gaming experience for controller users, potentially resolving any compatibility issues and ensuring that your journey through the Starfield universe is seamless.
- Open the Steam application and select ‘View’.
- Choose the ‘Big Picture Mode’ from the dropdown menu.
- Launch Starfield through Big Picture mode and verify if the controller is functioning correctly.
4. Download and Install the Controller Driver
Ensuring that the correct and updated driver is installed is vital for the optimal functioning of the controller. Sometimes, the “Controller Not Working in Starfield” issue can be resolved by downloading and installing the latest drivers, which might contain fixes for known bugs or compatibility issues.
- Visit the official website of your controller’s manufacturer.
- Locate and download the most recent driver compatible with your controller model.
- Install the downloaded driver and reboot your system.
- Launch Starfield to check if the controller is now working as expected.
5. Check for Driver Conflicts
Occasionally, driver conflicts can be the root cause of the controller malfunctioning. Identifying and resolving any conflicting drivers can potentially fix the issue, allowing for a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience in the Starfield universe.
- Access the device manager on your computer.
- Find and expand the ‘Human Interface Devices’ section.
- Identify any conflicting drivers and uninstall them.
- Reboot your system and check if the issue has been resolved.
6. Switch to a Different USB Port
If you’re using a wired controller, the issue might be with the USB port. Switching to a different USB port can sometimes resolve connectivity issues, ensuring that your adventures in the Starfield universe are not hindered by controller malfunctions.
- Disconnect the controller from the current USB port.
- Connect it to a different USB port on your system.
- Restart Starfield and check if the controller is functioning properly.
We understand that encountering the “Controller Not Working in Starfield” issue can be quite frustrating, especially when you are eager to dive into the fascinating universe that Starfield offers. Thankfully, with the methods outlined above, you stand a good chance of quickly resolving this hiccup and getting back to your space adventures.
Remember, sometimes the solution is as simple as a system restart or a minor adjustment in the settings. So, before diving into complex solutions, try the simpler ones first. We hope that this guide aids you in swiftly navigating past this glitch, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the rich and expansive world of Starfield.