With its highly anticipated gameplay, compelling graphics, and gripping storyline, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III has been a hit with gamers across the globe. It isn’t immune, however, to technical problems, one of the most frustrating being the dreaded “stuck on loading screen.” You don’t have to worry if you find yourself in this virtual limbo. To help you conquer Modern Warfare III, we have investigated various troubleshooting steps in this guide. So, let’s check them out.
Factors Contribute to Modern Warfare III Stuck on Loading Screen
- Hardware limitations: Insufficient power can cause performance issues and loading screen issues with games such as Modern Warfare III.
- Software conflicts: Outdated drivers, conflicting software, or corrupt game files can create loading screen problems.
- Network problems: Instable or slow internet connections may cause the game to not load properly.
- Server issues: Loading screen issues can be caused by server issues on the developer’s end.
Fix COD Modern Warfare III Stuck On Loading Screen
So, if you are looking for some fixes that have the potential to resolve the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III stuck on the loading screen issue:
Fix 1: System Requirements and Performance Optimization
You should check your gaming rig’s minimum system requirements before troubleshooting a loading screen issue. To ensure smooth gameplay in Modern Warfare III, your PC or console should have the appropriate hardware.
It may be necessary to upgrade your graphics card and memory if your system does not meet the requirements. So, here are the minimum system requirements that you need to have if you want to fix the Modern Warfare III stuck on loading screen issue:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or similar or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT / ATI Radeon X1950 or better
- VRAM: 256 MB
- PSHADER: 3.0
- VSHADER: 3.0
- OS: Windows XP
- FREE DISK SPACE: 16 GB
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c or later
Fix 2: Run MWIII as an Administrator
To grant user account control access, you must install the game application file as an administrator on your PC. By doing this, the program file will be able to run properly, preventing Modern Warfare III from being stuck on loading screen problems. Here are the steps you can follow:
- On your computer, right-click on COD: Modern Warfare III.
- Go to Properties > Compatibility.
- Thereafter, ensure that the Run this program as an administrator checkbox is checked.
- Afterward, to save your changes, click on Apply and then OK.
- Launch the game and see if the Modern Warfare III stuck on loading screen issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 3: Check for Server Status
To check the server status for Modern Warfare 3, go to the Activision Online Services website. In some cases, issues with the game server, like downtime or even maintenance processes, may result in crashes or Modern Warfare III stuck on the loading screen. Currently, several players are affected by an issue with the game server as of the time of writing this article.
Fix 4: Update GPU Drivers
It is highly recommended to check for graphics driver updates on the PC by following the steps below. You can then install the latest version, which resolves several graphical problems. In order to do so:
- Initially, you can open the Quick Access Menu by right-clicking on the Start Menu.
- To open Device Manager, click on it from the list.
- To expand Display adapters, double-click on it.
- Right-click on the graphics card that you’re using.
- Select Update driver > Search automatically for drivers.
- It will automatically check for updates.
- However, if an update is available, it will automatically download and install the latest version.
- To apply the changes, restart your PC once you have finished.
Fix 5: Close Background Tasks
Running unnecessary background programs or tasks on the system can consume a great deal of CPU and memory resources, reducing the performance of the entire system.
Therefore, startup issues such as Modern Warfare III crashing, lagging, and not loading are quite common. Get rid of all unnecessary background tasks by closing them completely. To do this:
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- To close an individual task, click on it.
- To close them one by one, click on End Task.
- Once done, restart your system.
Fix 6: Update Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
In order to avoid installing an outdated game version on your PC, it’s highly recommended that you check for game updates by following the steps below. It is possible for outdated game patch versions to result in several conflicts at your end that can have an adverse effect on the launching of the game or your gaming experience. To do that:
- Launch the Battle.net (Blizzard) launcher > Click on the Blizzard logo on the top left.
- To install or update a game, go to Settings > Game Install/Update.
- Click on the Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games link to enable it.
- To apply the changes, click Done and restart Battle.net.
- You should automatically be updated to the latest version of the game.
- Go to the Library in Steam.
- From the left pane, select COD: Modern Warfare III.
- It will automatically search for available updates on Steam.
- Click on Update if an update is available.
- Wait a few minutes until the update is complete.
- To apply changes, restart your PC after you’ve finished. Then, check if the Modern Warfare III stuck on loading screen issue gets resolved.
Fix 7: Check the Internet Connection
If there isn’t enough stability or speed on your internet connection, your connection is likely to fail. Ensure that your internet network is running properly at your end before making any other conclusions.
However, to switch between a wired and wireless connection, you should make sure to change your connection. Also, try connecting to another network or using the hotspot on your phone to check for the issue.
Fix 8: Power Cycle your Router
You can perform a power cycle if none of the methods worked for you. By doing this, you’ll be able to get rid of temporary networking troubles without causing Modern Warfare III to be stuck on loading screen issues. To do so:
- Power off your Wi-Fi router and wait until the LED indicators go out.
- Once the router and the power source have been unplugged, make sure to unplug the power cable as well.
- Afterward, wait around 30 seconds and reconnect the power cable to the router.
- Last but not least, turn on the router and see if the issue persists.
Fix 9: Verify and Repair Game Files
The player may experience a lot of trouble if the game files on their PC are missing or corrupted. Using the instructions below, you can verify and repair game files on your computer to ensure that the game runs smoothly without having the stuck on loading screen issue.
- On your PC, launch the Battle.net client.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III.
- Click on OPTIONS (Gear icon) > Scan and Repair.
- Afterward, click on Begin Scan and wait for the process to finish.
- After that, close the Battle.net launcher and restart your computer.
- Open the Steam client and click on Library.
- From the list, right-click COD: Modern Warfare III.
- Select Properties > Local Files.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- It may take some time for this process to be completed. So, be patient.
- To apply changes, reboot the computer once you’re done.
Fix 10: Update Windows
To avoid system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes, PC users and gamers should always update their Windows OS build. Additionally, the latest version includes a number of improvements, security patches, and additional features. To do that:
- To open Windows Settings, press Win+I.
- Thereafter, in the Windows Update section, select Check for updates.
- Download and install any updates that are available.
- You may have to wait a while for the update to be completed.
- You will need to restart your computer once the updating is complete.
Fix 11: Perform a Clean Boot
It is possible for certain programs or services to run in the background when the Windows system is booted up without your knowledge. These applications and services will definitely consume a lot of system resources as well as internet connection. In case you feel the same, try performing a clean boot on your computer to see if the Modern Warfare III stuck on loading screen issue gets resolved. To do that:
- Initially, open the Run dialog box by pressing Win+R.
- Thereafter, to open System Configuration, type msconfig and hit Enter.
- To hide all Microsoft services, click the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox on the Services tab.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Select the Startup tab > Open Task Manager.
- Thereafter, you will be able to access the Task Manager interface. Click on the Startup tab.
- Next, select the task with the highest startup impact.
- Select them and click Disable to turn them off at startup.
- For each program with a high startup impact, follow the same steps.
- If you have made any changes to your computer, you must restart it in order to take effect.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix Modern Warfare III’s stuck loading screen issue. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. For more, comment below and let us know.
- Top 10 Ways to Fix Call of Duty MW3 Keeps Crashing on PC
- COD Warfare 3 Low FPS? Here’s How to Fix Performance Issue
- 12 Ways to Fix COD Modern Warfare III Won’t Launch or Not Loading on PC
- Top 8 Ways to Fix Assassin’s Creed Mirage Stuck on Loading Screen
- Top 8 Ways to Fix Forza Motorsport Stuck on Loading Screen
- Fix Mortal Kombat 1 Stuck on Loading, Freezing, Lagging, Stuttering