As Assassin’s Creed has evolved in the past few years, it’s lost a little bit of what made it so great when it launched back in the late 2000s. With Mirage, Ubisoft focuses more on stealth, parkour, and aerial assassination. The game is set in Baghdad and will showcase Basim’s evolution a few decades before when he appeared in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
But, there are many users who reported that the Assassin’s Creed Mirage Won’t Launch on their Windows 11 PC. Well, that’s not the problem; as in this guide, we have mentioned every possible fix to resolve this issue. So, in case you are looking for such fixes, make sure to read the guide until the end.
How to Fix Assassin’s Creed Mirage Won’t Launch 2023
Here are some steps that will help you resolve the Assassin’s Creed Mirage won’t launch issue:
Fix 1: Run the game with Administrator Rights
It will also fail to launch properly if Assassin’s Creed Mirage lacks administrative privileges, which ensure that it has access to everything it needs on your computer. It might be necessary for you to run it as an administrator in order to see if that is the case:
- Initially, right-click your Assassin’s Creed Mirage and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab. Choose the Run this program as an administrator checkbox. To save the changes, click Apply > OK.
- In addition, you may wish to tick the Run this program in compatibility mode for: option and then choose Windows 8.
Once you have launched Assassin’s Creed Mirage, use administrative permissions to launch it again. You can move on to the next fix if it still does not respond.
You will also not be able to launch or run your Assassin’s Creed Mirage if you have corrupted or missing files. In order to verify if this is the case, you can check your game files on:
Epic Games Launcher
On Epic Games Launcher, verify the game’s files as follows:
- In Epic Game Launcher, locate Assassin’s Creed Mirage. On the right side of the game line, click the three dots and select Manage.
- To begin verifying the game files, click Verify.
- Once validation is complete, wait for it to finish. ( It may take a while for me to verify all my files.)
- Once your Assassin’s Creed Mirage has been validated, try launching it again.
Here are the steps you need to take on Ubisoft Connect to verify the game’s files:
- In Ubisoft Connect, click Games, and you’ll see Assasin’s Creed Mirage.
- Go to Properties, then select Local files, then Verify files.
- Choose Repair if prompted. If there are any corrupted or missing files, Ubisoft Connect will download them and restore them.
- To verify that Assasin’s Creed Mirage runs smoothly, launch it again.
Fix 3: Update Windows
There hasn’t been any update to your Windows OS build for quite some time. Ensure you check for the latest patch update and install it immediately if it is true. There are several occasions when a buggy or older build version can cause performance or program issues.
- To open the Windows Settings menu, press Windows + I.
- From the left pane, select Update & Security.
- Under Windows Update, click Check for updates.
- You can install an update if there is one available by clicking on Download and Install.
- It may take some time for the update to be fully installed. It may restart the system several times.
- Once you’ve done that, re-run the game to see if it’s still acting up.
Fix 4: Update GPU Drivers
There can be several issues with the performance of a program or system if the graphics card drivers are dated or corrupted. If you have not updated your GPU drivers, we recommend that you do so.
- Initially, to open the Quick Link Menu, press Windows + X.
- Afterward, from the list, select Device Manager > Double-click on Display adapters.
- If you are currently using a dedicated graphics card, right-click it.
- Click on Update driver > Search automatically for drivers.
- Whenever an update is available, it will automatically download and install it.
- To apply the changes, restart the computer.
Fix 5: Disable Steam Overlay and Xbox Game Bar
For best results, you should always disable Steam overlay and Xbox Game Bar overlays on your computer before running games, as these overlays can have a detrimental impact on your computer’s performance.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- To open Windows Settings, press Windows + I.
- Select Gaming from the left pane > Select Xbox Game Bar.
- Please make sure that the toggle is turned off here.
- To optimize Gaming, go back to the previous page and turn on Game Mode.
The GPU Experience overlay app, RGB Software, and Ubisoft overlay should also be disabled.
You should be able to solve Assassin’s Creed Mirage problem after trying this method.
Fix 6: Perform a Clean Boot
You also need to perform a clean boot on your computer to remove all the possible system glitches or background resources that may consume your computer’s resources. In order to do so:
- To open Run, press Windows + R.
- Afterward, to open the System Configuration window, type msconfig and press Enter.
- Thereafter, select Hide all Microsoft services from the Services tab.
- To save the changes, click on Disable all > Apply and then OK.
- Afterwad, go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- To disable the startup tasks, click on the Startup tab in the Task Manager interface > Disable.
- You need to disable the high-impact startup programs one at a time.
- To apply the changes, restart your PC.
Fix 7: Close Background Processes
To eliminate the unnecessary tasks that take up a lot of your PC’s resources, close background running processes. Here’s how:
- First of all, open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Afterward, to close a task, click on the Processes tab.
- Select the task and click End Task. Follow the steps for each task separately.
- Simply restart your computer to see the changes.
Fix 8: Reinstall Assassin’s Creed Mirage
The last method you can try if none of them worked for you is to reinstall the Assassin’s Creed Mirage game to see if that will help you fix your crash issue. Here’s how:
- On your PC, open Ubisoft Connect.
- In the top-left corner, click the Games tab.
- Right-click on Assassin’s Creed Mirage from the list.
- Click Uninstall > Confirm the action and let it finish.
- Be sure to reboot your computer once the changes have been made in order for them to take effect immediately.
- Once you have opened Ubisoft Connect, search for Assassin’s Creed Mirage and install it again. Use the same account you used to purchase the game.
- That’s it. Your Assassin’s Creed Mirage Game Won’t Launch, or Load issue has been resolved.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix Assassin’s Creed Mirage won’t launch issue. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. In the meantime, if you have any doubts or queries, comment below and let us know.
- Top 11 Ways to Fix Assassin’s Creed Mirage Crashing Problem
- How to Fix Rainbow Six Siege Not Working, Won’t Launch on PC
- Fix: Baldur’s Gate 3 Won’t Launch or Not Loading on Startup PC
- How to Fix Elden Ring Won’t Launch or Not Loading
- Top 8 Ways to Fix Mortal Kombat 1 Won’t Launch On PC Startup
- Immortals of Aveum Won’t Launch On PC: Quick Ways to Fix