Windows 11 have added animation effects which adds to the look of it. However, these animation effects can accompany the look and feel of the Windows 11, but sometimes due to delay in the animations while performing an action, and you may find your PC a bit sluggish. Moreover, animation effects can also affect the performance of your PC. Due to such reasons, you may want to turn off the animation effects on Windows 11. Well, the good news is, Windows 11 do have the option to turn on and off the animation effects. You can anytime turn off the animation effects and again turn it on whenever you want to.
Enable/Disable Animation Effects In Windows 11
If you are looking for a guide to help you with turning animation effects on/off in Windows 11, then you are at the right place. This article will guide you with the complete process to help you turn the animation effects on/off in Windows 11.
Turning Animation Effects On Or Off Using Control Panel
The very first way to do so is using the Control Panel. You can turn animation effects on or off using the Control Panel. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start Menu, search for Control Panel and open it.
- Here, click on Ease Of Access, and then on the next screen, click on Ease Of Access Center.
- Now, on the next screen, click on Make the computer easier to see.
- Scroll down to find Make things on the screen easier to see.
- Here, you will see a checkbox saying Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible). Check this checkbox if you want to turn off the animations, and uncheck the checkbox if you want to turn on the animations.
- Once done, click on Apply and then click on OK.
- Now close the Control Panel, and the changes will be made to your PC.
Turning Animation Effects On Or Off Using Settings
Another way to turn on and off the animations effects is with the help of the Settings. Given below are the steps to turn animation effects on/off in Windows 11 using Settings-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and search for Settings. Click on the Settings app.
- Now, on the left pane of the Settings, click on Accessibility.
- On the right side, select the Visual effects.
- Now on the next window, you will see a toggle named Animation Effects. Turning on the toggle for the Animation effects will enable it. Similarly, turning off the toggle for animation effects will disable it.
Turning Animation Effects On Or Off Using Performance Options
The last way to turn on/off the animation effects in Windows 11 is using the Performance options. If you do not want to go with any of the above methods to enable or disable animation effects, you can do it with the help of performance options. To turn animation effects on/off in Windows 11 using performance options, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, open the Run dialog box on your PC. To do so, press the Windows + R key combo on your PC.
- In the Run Dialog box, type SystemPropertiesPerformance and hit Enter to open Performance Options.
- Here uncheck the checkbox for Animate controls and elements inside windows, Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing, and Animations in the taskbar. This will turn off the animation effects in Windows 11. To turn it on again, check the checkbox that you unchecked earlier.
How Do I Turn Off Animation Effects In Windows 11?
You can turn off animation effects in Windows 11 using the Settings, Control Panel, or Performance Options. We have discussed all three methods to turn off animation effects in Windows 11. You can follow the above article to turn off animation effects in Windows 11.
How Do I Turn On Animation Effects In Windows 11?
You can turn on the animation effects in Windows 11 the same way you turned it off. You can follow the above steps to turn on animation effects in Windows 11.
- How To Fix Screen Flickering Issues In Windows 11
- How To Install and Enable Hyper-V In Windows 11
- Turn On/Off Windows 11 File Explorer Compact View
This is how you can turn animation effects on or off in Windows 11. Turning animation effects will slightly increase the performance of your Windows 11 PC. By following the steps mentioned in this article above, you will be able to turn on/off the animation effects anytime you want to.