Tesla is one of the leading automotive companies in the world! Its vehicles are fitted with some of the latest features such as batteries, sensors, artificial intelligence, etc. In September 2014, Tesla rolled out the semi-autonomous driver-assist feature, which helped the driver while driving or during parking.
In April 2019, Tesla announced that it will include Autopilot in all of its cars as a standard feature. Autopilot will reduce the overall workload of a driver, as it has 8 external cameras, a radar, 12 ultrasonic sensors, and a powerful onboard computer to control your journey.
Two Autopilot packages are provided by Tesla. One is Autopilot and the other is Full Self-Driving Capability.
Features provided in Tesla Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability are:
1. Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: On enabling this feature, the speed of your car matches to that of the traffic around you.
2. Autosteer: This feature assists the driver in steering within a clearly marked lane. While doing so, it also makes use of the traffic-aware cruise control.
#2 Full Self-Driving Capability
1. Navigate on Autopilot: This feature will guide your car on a highway and will ensure a safe journey. It also includes suggestions for lane changes, navigation interchanges, and taking the correct exit. While doing so, it automatically engages the turn signal.
2. Auto Lane Change: As the name suggests, this feature assists the driver in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway, only when the Autosteer feature is engaged
3. Autopark: This feature helps in parallel or perpendicular parking of your car. Using this feature, all you need is a single touch to park your car.
4. Summon: If your car is parked in a tight space, you can use this feature to get it out of there! You can do it by using a mobile app or a key.
5. Smart Summon: On using this feature, your car will navigate through some complex parking spaces, and maneuvering around objects.
Some features which will soon be added include:
1. To recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
2. Automatic driving on the streets in a city.
This is all you need to know about Tesla’s Autopilot and the features provided by it! However, these features require driver supervision and they do not make your vehicle totally autonomous. If we have missed out on any such useful information about Tesla’s Autopilot, then please let us know about it in the comments section below.