Windows 11 allows users to have their separate accounts to keep their files and data separate from other users using the same device. When multiple users have different accounts on the same PC, there are chances that one may forget to sign out, and it may consume significant system resources. If anyone using your PC forgets to sign out their account, and if it consumes a lot of system resources, it is better to sign it out. You will have to sign out other users on Windows 11 to minimize the usage of system resources.
However, to sign out other users, you may require you to sign out of your account and then sign them out. Many times, you may also require the password to log out of their account. Worry not if you don’t have the password to their account or don’t want to sign out of your account to sign other users out. There are two ways to sign out other users on Windows 11 without knowing the password or without having to sign out of your account.
How To Sign Out Other Users In Windows 11
In this article, we will be discussing how you can sign out other users on Windows 11.
Signing Out Other Users On Windows 11 Using Task Manager
The very first method to sign out other users on Windows 11 is using the Task Manager. To use Task Manager to sign out other users on Windows 11, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start Menu, search for Task Manager and open it. You can either press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combo to open Task Manager on your PC.
- Head to the Users tab in the Task Manager.
- Here, select the user who you want to sign out. Right-click on the user you selected, and then from the context menu, click on the Sign Off option.
- You will be asked to confirm signing out. Confirm signing out the other user, and you are done with it.
ALSO READ: How To Setup Miracast For Windows 11
Signing Out Other Users On Windows 11 Using Command Prompt
Another way to sign out other users on Windows 11 is with Command Prompt. Follow the steps given below to sign out other users on Windows 11 using Command Prompt-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open Start Menu. In the Start Menu, search for Command Prompt. Now right-click on the Command Prompt and then click on Run as administrator.
- Now in the Command Prompt, type the command query session and hit Enter to execute the command.
- You will see all the accounts that are there on your PC. Now, confirm the ID number for the account.
- To log out the command, type the following command logoff ID-NUMBER and hit Enter. You will have to replace ID-NUMBER with the actual ID number. For example, logoff 1 to log out the first ID.
- This will now log out the user from the command prompt.
ALSO READ: How To Create Virtual Desktops In Windows 11
We hope you were able to sign out users on Windows 11 by following the above methods. Following the above steps, you will be able to log off other users on Windows 11.