Choosing the best server that too when multiple servers are available in the market can be tough. It is almost impossible to know where to begin. A quick research on the servers that match your requirement data can be a good choice to help you clear your doubts. So, this article is about one of the finest and the best tower servers available and i.e HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10. Excited? Yeah.
Tower servers are designed in such a way that they stand upright upon a flat surface to provide a good server system. These improve energy efficiencies to lower the total cost of ownership.
These are the trusted servers built for our generation where theft cases are ever-increasing. It keeps our data secure and maintains privacy. In this era of innovations, HP ProLiant Tower Servers deliver simple, efficient business value, features to make IT simpler and easily understandable. It is one of the finest options available for the ones searching for an edge server system.
- 1 HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Tower Server
- 1.1 FEATURES:
- 1.2 Specifications: HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Server
- 1.3 Standard Features
- 1.4 Technical Specifications
- 1.5 Design & Hardware
- 1.5.1 Motherboard, SSD, and CPU
- 1.5.2 Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- 1.6 BUYER’S GUIDE: HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Tower Server
HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Tower Server
Originally, ProLiant was marketed by Compaq and occupied a big share of the market.
HP Proliant is one of the most flexible servers available. It offers more computing power than the ones launched as a competition to it. It also provides its free version supported up to 8UMs.
These servers would be a good choice to establish in your remote/branch offices, data centers, or SMBs. Proliant servers offer wide advanced capabilities. They come with dual power supplies that have redundant configuration support. Proliant servers are available in five different types which are ML, DL, BL, SY, and Apollo. Out of which, ProLiant ML comes with tower servers! DDR4 SDRAM is the computer memory type available in it.
All Variants: ML30 Gen10 Tower Server
To discover more about this, let’s go on a short tour of HP ProLiant Tower Servers. Let’s have a look at its features.
1. If we look at this server tower, externally it is of an average size which is easy to pick.
2. These devices have hot-swapped bays that serve as a replacement to hard drives and your CD ROMs. if in any case, any drive fails to function then it can be replaced without even turning the system off.
3. Internally, it has 4 PCIe expansion slots that can be used to port the expansion cards. These can be used to add GPUs, Wi-Fi cards, or SSD. These slots are electrical and directly connect to the CPUs.
4. At the rear side of the device are four USB ports. It has a serial COM port that is used for peripherals such as your modems, mouse, etc.
5. HP PROLIANT ML30 Gen10 is available in two different sizes of 16GB, 2TB SATA and 16GB, 4TB SATA. Also, You can check its Intel Xeon E-2136 version with 64GB DDR4, 8TB SSD with Windows Server 2019.
6. The memory type of the computer is DDR4 SDRAM.
7. It works on a processor of Quad-Core 3.3GHz 8MB CPU, Turbo up to 4.3GHz. This processor works on a brand called INTEL.
8. It has a single cable to make its access to the power supply.
9. Internally, it has a fairly standard design. It contains a large mesh of wires connected from one point to the other.
10. It weighs 17.6kg. Dimesnsions are 47.5 * 17.5 * 36.83 cm.
11. It has a 1 non-hot plug, non-redundant.
12. In the rearview of this device are a Padlock eye, Kensington security slot, a power cord clip, and an iLO port.
This device has multiple PROS, some of them are:
- It is a powerful device yet affordable for the numerous features that it offers.
- This device is powered up to 6 cores in the Intel XeonEProcessor.
- It offers flexibility in different storage needs. There are four large form factors present that can help you find the right storage fit.
- To enhance reliability, the HPE 500W flex slot platinum hot-plug power supply kit is present in it.
- It has a built-in silicon security protection to increase its lifespan.
- It is eminently affordable as compared to other towers with so many features in it.
- It keeps a close eye on critical components and provides fault alerts in case of any.
- It includes configurations that provide easy remote access and improved energy efficiencies.
- It can provide maximum performance for current requirements and expansion for future growth.
If any object has its pros then it has its cons too.
- It has S100i RAID controller that has some imitations
- There will be extra costs for storage and is less well-built.
What’s new in this device?
Specifications: HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Server
- This device has a dedicated iLO port and a serial port option kit.
- It has SMB offerings.
- Onboard M.2 NVMe SSD support.
- It has an easy to use OS. ClearOS allows anybody to build a fully functional server.
- It has health LED in the front view of this device.
- It has a 2666 MT/s HPE DDR4 standard memory UDIMM.
- It has a smart update system to update your servers to the latest updates if any.
- It has an iLO Amplifier pack
- RESTful Interface tool to discover and deploy servers at a scale.
- It comes with a warranty which includes 3-year parts, 1-year labor, 1-year onsite.
- It is scalable and can be placed deskside, but the memory and the data storage capacity scale are high enough such that it supports better server performance.
- This device has a maximum BTU rating
- It has a ready state power supply output and a system inlet temperature.
- It has a secured boot.
- It has network stack configurations.
Design & Hardware
Design for HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Server is quite compact you have a look at its hardware from outside and inside.
Motherboard, SSD, and CPU
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
1. Is it flexible to use?
There are a redundant power supply option and up to 4 LEF or 8SEF hot-plug which provide availability and flexibility. SAS gets upgraded with enhanced expansion tendency. You’ll be yourself surprised once you notice its functioning and how much it is benefitting you.
2. Is HP ProLiant ML30 secured?
The HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen 10 is one of the most trusted servers with major firmware anchored directly into the silicon protection provided by it. With Runtime firmware validation, advanced premium security edition, the server firmware is checked every 24 hours which verifies validity and credibility.
3. What are its storage software?
The storage software in these devices is used to simplify storage infrastructure and protect your vital information. This device makes use of Data protection and recovery software such that it cost-effectively protect you against disaster and ensure your business documents safety.
4. How HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Performes?
It uses data archive and migration software to comply with data retention. It improves performance by migrating the data that is not frequently used by you.
It makes use of a data replication software for recovery in case of any data that is lost during a disaster.
Storage resource management software is used to reduce operational costs.
Lastly, storage device management software is used to enable hardware-specific configurations and management in connectivity issues.
5. Is it affordable?
Well, the best entry-level server at an affordable price is The HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen 10. It has excessive features that too available at some minimal rate. It has a great Intel core with extra memory storage.
6. What is the use of HPE StoreVirtual VSA?
You can use it to create a virtual array within your servers. It is a software with 1TB of capacity at no extra cost.
BUYER’S GUIDE: HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Tower Server
Before purchasing any tower server, know about its database software requirement details. Its internal capacity to function and whether it fits in your budget. HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 TOWER SERVER is a good choice if you are willing to purchase one.
It is best suited for big offices. Not just this, it has the best service and support centers. HPE’s support center allows you to clear all your issues through both online and offline means. It even gives this device with a warranty of a certain span of time.
I hope the above guide was sufficient enough to help you know about HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 TOWER SERVER. You just need to thoroughly know about your requirements and then purchase these server towers. Although, from a professional’s point of view I can guarantee you that this HP ProLiant would match all your requirements. It is one of the most recommended devices.
I mean what else would a person need if a device supports 64 GB’s of memory. Above all, the biggest boon of this device is that, it is an approach towards environmentally friendly products and can be recycled. It is a reliable server that can easily meet your budget and is pocket friendly. This device even has the capacity for internal expansion of disks.
After reading this article you should finally be aware of the functions, pros, and cons of the HP ProLiant ML30 Gen10 TOWER SERVER which means you know which one to buy. In addition to this, I hope this article provided much information about the internal and external features. Always, plan ahead five years when accessing your server needs. Don’t forget to share this with others. Cheers!